Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hyphon is having a great year, but was always a key role player in the side.
Injury has seen him released to show his best.
He was an outstanding player at GWS and has been a great pick up.

He was a Collingwood supporter as a kid and his Great great grandfather is 1910 Collingwood Premiership player and two time Fitzroy Premiership player Charlie Norris.(1913 &1916)

1910GF_WT.jpg

His contested mark and immediate play on on the wing to Bobby Hill to a square up pass to a leading Kreugggs for his first goal in 2 years was a thing of beauty
You might have left out poor old Billy Frampton.

I was calling for WHE's head, like many on BF under Bucks in the seasons of 2020-21.
But what a revelation he has become under Fly...
Like a fine wine, has just got better with age.

Was just about to post the same thing

Pages on here littered with me taking shots at him

WHE has benefited tremendously under Fly’s ball movement…

Which is no surprise cause he’s only top notch season under Bucks was 2018…
when the moved the ball quickly and directly 🤷‍♀️

He's past his best, and so are we. He's wasting his time playing for a 17th placed team, and it might cost him his career. In 12 months he'll be 29 and without a deal - will he have any interest at that stage, even from us? Should be on the phone to any side who'll offer him 3 years, or at least 2 with triggers.

Would be a handy pickup for Melbourne, Geelong and Essendon who are all Victorian and in a flag window
Shut up, fool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the replay today, and sure enough - you guessed it! - WHE is where the ball is, and actively involved, in the tense dying minutes of the North game. Just as he was in the GF. And in other tight games under Fly.

He’s like a secret weapon, except he’s not that secret.😍

Watched the replay today, and sure enough - you guessed it! - WHE is where the ball is, and actively involved, in the tense dying minutes of the North game. Just as he was in the GF. And in other tight games under Fly.

Always. So many times Wilba either has the ball in his hands as the siren goes in close games or he's been involved in the play in those close games.

There's no one I am more grateful to have in the side than WHE when we're in clutch games.

Last edited:
The Hosk clearing snap - intentional or reckless. There's an argument to say that in such situations the players are instructed to aim for the fat side when clearing trusting that a wingman like HH will be positioned goalside of his opponent. I'm not so sure on that but it did seem like a very risky option. 2018 GF, Eagles did this atleast twice in the last for the ball to fall directly on a teammates chest. Kills me even thinking about it.

The Hosk clearing snap - intentional or reckless. There's an argument to say that in such situations the players are instructed to aim for the fat side when clearing trusting that a wingman like HH will be positioned goalside of his opponent. I'm not so sure on that but it did seem like a very risky option. 2018 GF, Eagles did this atleast twice in the last for the ball to fall directly on a teammates chest. Kills me even thinking about it.
I don't know if he thought he had any other option? Couldn't rush it and had no time so just banged away? As you say, there may be a standing instruction. But it wouldn't have taken much for that not to have hit HH.

I would just assume you would tightrope walk the boundary line and let the first tackler’s momentum take you over. Don’t know why he kicked at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back