Moved Thread Will North move to Tassie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Are North moving to Tassie?

No.

Between Hawthorn, North & A Tas Team, one is most likely to go first.

North is the most likely to get the boot from Tassie & maybe only Hawthorn will continue for a while.

Post Covid I don't see the Government handing out cash to 2 teams, even if North's money is via a 3rd entity in the TT line etc.

They should have been forced to be the new team on the Gold Coast. Bad business decision by the AFL, and a costly one! Likewise, the least viable of Melb, StK, or WB should have been forced to GWS. $250-$300 million it would have saved in total in prop up support over the past 10 years as well as making those clubs financially and competively stronger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should have been forced to be the new team on the Gold Coast. Bad business decision by the AFL, and a costly one! Likewise, the least viable of Melb, StK, or WB should have been forced to GWS. $250-$300 million it would have saved in total in prop up support over the past 10 years as well as making those clubs financially and competively stronger.

The AFL would have wasted that $250m. Thry dont know how to not waste money.

Forced how?

No. Plus, no club deserves to be relocated in this day and age. It has too many repercussions with the fans. I know that if North increase their games in Tassie, I will no longer support the club financially.

No. Plus, no club deserves to be relocated in this day and age. It has too many repercussions with the fans. I know that if North increase their games in Tassie, I will no longer support the club financially.

Two might down in Tassie though?

You've got no idea. If your club was in such a predicament where the media was trying to force this then you'd not be able to cope. North fans have had to cope with this for many years now.

FWIW I don’t want North to go
But from a business viewpoint I think the two state model is the way forward

I’d prefer this than a takeover/merger

FWIW I don’t want North to go
But from a business viewpoint I think the two state model is the way forward

I’d prefer this than a takeover/merger
And how do you think North fans would feel about that? I know I'd be cancelling my membership and never watching another AFL game again. I wonder if it is the complete opposite and Tasmania is just another 'AFL deadzone'?

And how do you think North fans would feel about that? I know I'd be cancelling my membership and never watching another AFL game again. I wonder if it is the complete opposite and Tasmania is just another 'AFL deadzone'?

That is your prerogative
If faced with the decision I wouldn’t but hey we’re all different
I actually drove past Arden Street recently and thought the development is too good to not be used at elite level

NM are definitely a bit of a worry, playing a dangerous game clearing the decks during Covid crisis
Brave call but completely necessary

That is your prerogative
If faced with the decision I wouldn’t but hey we’re all different
I actually drove past Arden Street recently and thought the development is too good to not be used at elite level

NM are definitely a bit of a worry, playing a dangerous game clearing the decks during Covid crisis
Brave call but completely necessary
That's the key to it all. I'd rather rebuild during a pandemic than continue meandering through the middle of the ladder for the rest of our existence. North fans want a premiership not a loss in an elimination final.

That's the key to it all. I'd rather rebuild during a pandemic than continue meandering through the middle of the ladder for the rest of our existence. North fans want a premiership not a loss in an elimination final.

exactly right
Probably pulled the trigger a bit late but better than an mid table existence

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Will North move to Tassie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back