Prediction Will the 2024 finals series involve the least amount of games in Melbourne ever?

Will the 2024 finals series involve the least amount of games in Melbourne ever?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As it currently stands, Melbourne will host just one final this year outside of the GF and none in week two or three. Ironically, it would be a team not based in Melbourne that would be hosting the sole Melbourne final (outside of the GF) if the Cats do hold on to their top 6 spot. I believe the record for least finals played in Melbourne during a finals series is two and that occurred in 2006 when all of the top four were based outside of Victoria and we saw two elimination finals hosted by the Pies and Dogs in the first week of the finals.

So, will the 2024 finals series involve the least amount of games in Melbourne ever?

I've been thinking this. I think we'll get two finals though. One of Dogs/Cats will finish 3rd or 4th (and host either a semi or prelim) and the other will host an elimination final.

But yes it will certainly have a different feeling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Will the 2024 finals series involve the least amount of games in Melbourne ever?

Back