Opinion Will the Tasmanian trend continue at the Suns?

Will the Suns draft a Tasmanian at this year's draft?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To date, the Gold Coast Suns have drafted at least one Tasmanian every year in which they have been able to.

Luke Russell (underage)
Maverick Weller (underage)
Sam Iles (rookie)

Jacob Gilbee (#49)

Henry Schade (#24)
Aaron Hall (PSD)

Jesse Lonergan (#13)

Kade Kolodjashnij (#5)

It comes as no surprise that Gold Coast Suns list manager Scott Clayton hails from Hobart, Tasmania. So, will this trend continue at the 2014 AFL Draft? If so, how long will the Tasmania trend continue?

Throw some names out there? Which Tasmanians are looking good this year
I could only find two after a little bit of research. Mitchell Hibberd and Caleb Hislop. Hibberd is apparently about 190cm and is used on the wing/off half back. Can't really find anything on Hislop other than he is considered Tassie's best chance to get drafted. Unless you count Lauchie Weller?

I could only find two after a little bit of research. Mitchell Hibberd and Caleb Hislop. Hibberd is apparently about 190cm and is used on the wing/off half back. Can't really find anything on Hislop other than he is considered Tassie's best chance to get drafted. Unless you count Lauchie Weller?

Lachie Weller is a certainty to be drafted this year. I love his game, but I don't really know if he will make it to the SUNS draft pick or if the SUNS will be chasing more players of his ability.

Got a feeling we will draft big this year

Back