News Willie Rioli: tampered with drug testing sample; tests positive for cannabis

Remove this Banner Ad

Silly boy, but why has the 2nd test been made public, i thought with recreational drugs it was kept quiet, unless it's a third strike.
Be cause it was on match day and considered a ped, not hard to comprehend match day

I think as far as the West goes that has happened already. Some of us chose not to read or believe much what we hear from certain reporters. But there are still enough others just lap it up that they keep selling papers, or getting ratings to make it viable. Eventually they start slanting to match the remaining audience.

I’ve seen thewest has recently gone to paywall/ subscription. Surely no one is paying for that garbage!

Its pretty simple, all the players know the rules and policies, and know what they can/can't have in their systems.

Get caught testing positive on game-day to something that you're not allowed to have in your system (whether you agree if its a PED or not etc), tough shit, but you have to face the music.

As for the original charge of tampering with the urine sample, sorry but same thing, need to stamp that out and needs to be shown that the AFL will not condone it in anyway. If 4 years is the default penalty, then so be it.

It honestly feels like Rioli is being thrown under the bus. This was a separate test to the one he tampered with. Guys are getting 1 2 or 3 strikes and the AFL covers it up but Rioli gets outed after 1 failed test?
The moment he tampered , would have put a target on him for game day testing, stupidity at its fines by Rioli

What’s the punishment for cannabis on match day alone? (Not including the urine substitution offence).
Not much information on that but according to Richard Ing who may or may not be an authority on these matters it makes the tampering allergation worse but is a seperate issue and he is likely to recieve only one penalty if found guilty not one penalty for this one for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, over smoking a bit of pot. Let me guess you're not an inhaler.

I was having a laugh, I'm a daily smoker. However if you gave me a few hundred thousand dollars a year to kick a footy around and not smoke pot, I could probably manage.

Rioli is a dummy, and he couldn't. That's why he'll never play again.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Willie Rioli: tampered with drug testing sample; tests positive for cannabis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back