News World Footy Jumper Day

Remove this Banner Ad

clarkey

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Aussie Rules International (ARI) is pleased to announce that the inaugural World Footy Jumper Day will be held on 20 March, 2011.

For more information please see http://www.aussierulesinternational.com/home/getinvolved/world_footy_jumper_day

We are in the process of having jumpers designed for each of the approximate 200 countries in the world. Yes, a mammoth task!

We are currently seeking jumper designs from interested individuals. If your jumper design is chosen for a particular country, we will acknowledge your design on the ARI website as well as send you the jumper, with your size and preferred number!

The jumpers are being made by our good friends at Teamwork Performance, who are fantastic supporters of international footy.

Please post your designs here. You can submit designs for as many countries as you like. Good luck!

Great intiative, would love to see some more guys here follow Smeagle's lead and design a jumper for an international country, hell, I might even have a go.

This is a great idea. Just a couple of questions bout designing mate,
1. Do we just post the designs on ths site?
2. Is there a particular template we need to create the design on?

Thanks for the great feedback. Yes please post the designs here, you can also send them to info@aussierulesinternational.com

Regarding template, feel free to use whatever suits. A good example is Mero's great work at footyjumpers.com.

Don't forget to include the back of the jumper as well.

What is your interpretation of states like Hong Kong, Vatican City, Taiwan, England, Wales - do they count as countries?

How do we know which ones have already been done?

Quite a few European countries (Sweden :p) already have guernseys which they actually compete in. Are you using those in the collection, or making entirely new ones?

This could well become a gallery of minows here, as we all hope to make a great jumper from a country no-one has attempted :D

Thanks for the feedback. In answer to your questions:

1. Yes, they all count as countries.

2. We are asking for submissions for ALL countries, whether they have an existing design or not.

had a go at an American jumper, looks a bit like a wheres wally shirt though :eek:

1. America

yoke is made up of the stars from the american flag and the rest of the jumper is made up of the stripes of the flag

americanjumper-1.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few of these have been sitting around for a while (I've just updated them), and some are ones I've adapted from their flags, because I thought they'd work well in a footy jumper. I'll do some more imaginative (and more relevant) ones in the next few days, including a similar but much better one for China.

Belgium:
Belgium.gif

People's Republic of China:
China.gif

Republic of Congo:
CongoRepublic.gif

England:
England.gif

Greece:
Greece.gif

Iceland:
Iceland.gif