brian taylor
kane cornes he on radio

best 3:

bruce mcenvaney
sarah jones
and then im struggling.

This is for current commentators

Its a shame bruce doesnt do it all that much these days

Bring back Denis commety he was the best all time.

There is not much talent when it comes to footy commentry these days i must say.

They just seam to over cook it and carry on.

And not much is stats related either.

Over cooked and over hyped garbage.

See what 2023 has for in terms of new talent.

We need a new fresh commentry teams on channel 7 and fox footy.

Why BT get so many gigs and everyone hates him.
Ch 7:

the simpsons adult GIF

Dwayne is a shocker BT is a loud mouth too much

i like Huddo but i find him annoying like a work experience kid but he is ok.

Bennett is better for the AFLW games.

Dont mind Gerald Healy but doesnt do it much.

I like Sarah Jones myself and then good old Brucey.

Can not stand kane cornes at all he is a flog

Channel 7:

Jason Bennett must be used more. Outstanding caller.

Hamish has improved to being satisfactory. Used to loathe him but he’s ok these days

Alistair Nicholson is good.

BT, Brayshaw and Darcy are atrocious.

Matthews the best for special comments by far. Richo is ok. The others are much of a muchness.

Foxtel:

Hudson easily the best caller.

Adam Papalia is criminally underrated.

Dwayne Russell is fingernails on blackboard bad.

Special comments - Healy is very good.

Jonathon Brown drives me insane with that ultra blokey, footy jock, macho way of talking he always does.

Riewoldt is decent.

Ricciuto is awful.

Brereton talks down to the viewer..

The rest are passable.

Never watch 360 as I can’t stand Robinson and his stupid rants and the way he pretends to be a voice of the people.

Whately is a good radio commentator.

On the whole, as someone who grew up in the 80’s and 90’s when footy commentary was pretty awesome, it’s pretty slim pickings for good commentators these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Dunstall i know hes anit Pies and biased.

I like Matt granlin nice caller.

I hate Dwaynes love affair with the cats like BTs love affair with the tigers it makes me sick.

I don't mind Brian Taylor.
I've heard him call out some bizarre umpiring calls, missed frees. Can't say the same with the majority of other commentators doing that.

Probably goes without saying that commentators will have teams they know better than others, as well as their favourites.
To me Dennis Cometti seemed to only praise an Essendon player through gritted teeth.

Best: Huddo, Nicholson, Bennett
Worst: Darcy, BT, Dwayne

Seems like this is an unpopular opinion at this point, but I don’t mind Brayshaw
Nailed it.

Brayshaw is good when just commentating. He's annoying when he gets caught up in the banter and carry on.
I reckon Eddie is pretty good too. Surprisingly, I like him when he commentates Carlton games.

BT just needs to be forcibly retired. He just ruins games for me and I can't wind down and enjoy some post match stuff because I have to turn off roaming Brian for fear of cringing to death.

I don't mind Brian Taylor.
I've heard him call out some bizarre umpiring calls, missed frees. Can't say the same with the majority of other commentators doing that.

Probably goes without saying that commentators will have teams they know better than others, as well as their favourites.
To me Dennis Cometti seemed to only praise an Essendon player through gritted teeth.
I find the vast majority of stuff he calls out is simply because he doesn't understand the rules. He thinks it's a wrong call, but it's not most of the time.

And it wasn't out of bounds. BT was looking purely at the gap where the blue arrows are, but you draw two perpendicular lines from the middle of Roughy's feet to the edge of the ball, it's still over the line.
1671159000190.png

Attachments

• 1671158934185.png
    1671158934185.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 37
Luke Darcy by far the worst of a very bad lot. Worst since Basil Zempilis.

Also The Chief just can't let go of his obsession of always knee jerkingly claiming the umpires are wrong on every 50/50 call. He is an intelligent man and usually backs over his mistake when the replay 9/10 times shows the umpire was right, but then does the same thing every 2 minutes of the game. He is obsessed with umpiring decisions, is usually always wrong, but just can't stop his knee jerk first reaction to question the umps. Mind bogglingly repetitive and very annoying.

Riccuito has reached the stage where his rockapeness has reached endearing old uncle levels almost. New version of Dippa.

what do we think of Dunstall lookl great player and nice guy out side of footy as he does play tennis i see him play at the melbourne park nice guy and all but terrible at footy commentating and on tv.

Seams to me he is pig headed and up him self.

Nice guy as i said out side of footy.

He works sometimes as the MC for tennis i think like Kooyong and does voice overs which he is good at for tennis that is.

My all time favs was when the likes of Sandy Roberts,Peter Landy and Drew Morphett was doing it for channel 7 alongside Peter McKenna and Bernie Quinlan.

Around the 1980s and 1990s they are the best ever.

Was the channel 7 footy team and they did it well.

My favourite footy progarm was the talking footy on channel 7 on sunday mornings was around 10am and they talked footy and was no fuss and was straight to the point does anyone remember the program.

Was more a program then a show.

Was in 80s and 90s think it ran till around 2002 just as Fox footy started.

Was channel 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

worst and best footy commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Back