worst and best footy commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandy Roberts was the best since the 1980's, especially for grand finals.

BT raves on like the margin is 10 points the difference after a mini comeback from a team when there is still a 5 goal difference with 5 minutes left in the last quarter.

Yeah I always enjoyed Sandy Roberts. Even when I hear him commentating games from when he came back to the fold recently, it still gives me nostalgia for footy in the 90s.

:thumbsu:

E0_Vm-hUcAQVxSL.jpg

BT raves on like the margin is 10 points the difference after a mini comeback from a team when there is still a 5 goal difference with 5 minutes left in the last quarter.

Peter Landy and Drew Morphett were also childhood favourites of mine from the 80s/early 90s.

The late Clinton Grybas was on track to be perhaps the greatest multi sport commentator we ever had (he excelled at Tennis and Basketball calling as well) before his extremely sad and tragic death.

If I saw Derwayne on the street I’d have to restrain myself from spitting in his face. Darce good bloke but awful awful commentator. Nobody spews more irrelevant drivel than he does.

Not popular but Hamish would be on my dream commentary team.

BT is outstanding on radio imo. He’s a character on Seven and they milk that to the extreme. Still I don’t mind him, but there’s an extreme gap in quality from his radio calling to tv calling.

I don’t love Huddo like others do but he’s still pretty good and more tolerable than most.

Kingy best analyst and happy to call out somebody or something when it’s needed. Doesn’t sugar coat his analysis and is very balanced compared to others

I don’t hate him but I do hate listening to his commentary.
Yes me too

I hate him when commentating.

He absolutely destroys all vibes in every game he calls.

Like listening to some halfwit on country radio

I too utterly detest his commentary to the point he’s unlistenable during telecasts and destroys the vibe of any game he’s involved with.

He’s an abomination.

I too utterly detest his commentary to the point he’s unlistenable during telecasts and destroys the vibe of any game he’s involved with.

He’s an abomination.
I agree, can't stand him.

He’s an abomination.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

He’s an abomination.
Disagree, think he's one of the better commentators at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

worst and best footy commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Back