Worst captain in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

^ This poll was about who is the worst captain in the league not who is the better player. Compairing these two is like compairing apples to oranges. Newman is a running mid and his job is to turn defence into attack, Maxwell's job is to negate forwards. If you where to switch these two players you would see a record score kicked on Newman while in the one and only game Maxwell played in the mid he was able to shut down his man ( i can't remember who it was, i think it was against Geelong who have a handy midfield). I'm not saying Maxwell could become a constant mid but if there is a shutdown role in the mid Maxwell could be an option. Besides this poll is about captaincy witch i think alot of people will have a different opinon of Maxwell at seasons end!

Chris Judd.

Walked out on his club when they needed him more than ever, was reluctant to be Carlton captain but accepted it anyway and yeh, he's a brilliant player, but is he the guy who shows leadership on field? I don't think so at all.

Star players don't always make good captains. Judd is the perfect example.

Maxwell has limited ability but leads very well on field and is a good choice for captain IMO.

He retired as captain last yr but the team hasnt said who the new captain is.

Warren Treadra by far, he did no good for the club yea he WAS a good player but he is past his time.

Current captain i would say Pavlich coz he plays better without havin the captain tag

Your kidding your self, to say Tredders was a bad captain shows your a fool. I'm not sure if what you said was english but I think you were trying to say he had a bad year last year. Coming off the injuries he has had he had a better than average year.
He had a better year last year than any tall in the adelaide forward line.

Wasn't Tredrea voted worst captain in the Hearld Sun or something?

Yeah, based on nothing of substance.

s2tsll.jpg

Chris Judd.

Walked out on his club when they needed him more than ever, was reluctant to be Carlton captain but accepted it anyway and yeh, he's a brilliant player, but is he the guy who shows leadership on field? I don't think so at all.

Star players don't always make good captains. Judd is the perfect example.

Maxwell has limited ability but leads very well on field and is a good choice for captain IMO.

I bet you wouldn't say that if Judd had picked Melbourne as his club of choice:D (as if that would have happened), I'll take him over James McDonald (whom I do rate as a player and person) anyday.

Maxwell still gets the nod.:thumbsu:

I bet you wouldn't say that if Judd had picked Melbourne as his club of choice:D (as if that would have happened), I'll take him over James McDonald (whom I do rate as a player and person) anyday.

Maxwell still gets the nod.:thumbsu:

As a captain mate, I'd rather Junior McDonald.

The fact that Judd was captain before playing a game for Carlton says a lot about the club and the player, and it isn't a good vibe.

Wasn't Tredrea voted worst captain in the Hearld Sun or something? Anyway, I'd say Maxwell but at least they didn't choose the worst 200 game player of all time.... you know who I'm talking about ;).

if your talking about the 4 time All Australian Treadrea, then it shows that your like the rest of the crows supporters and know nothing about footy. Maybe in 2 years you can pick Tredders up in the draft and we will have your first draft pick. Worked for you last time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst captain in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back