Worst game of football you have seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick any syd vs wce game in the last couple years and youll find a match thats boring as bat********

Bulldogs vs West Coast in this year finals. Went in thinking we were an outside chance of winning but really only expected us to fall within a few goals. Nothing went right and i spent the first 3 quarters in shock and the last trying to sleep it off (as it was quite boring) and feeling sick in the stomach for Bubba. Wasn't the way i envisaged sending him off.

Ontop of that Channel tens commentary was enough to make you cry, as was that pathetic intro they played about Judd which they repeated frame for frame before the grand final.

Kangaroos Vs Adelaide Two Years back
Friday Night Game

One of the Lowest scoring scraps i have seen...

With Hayden Skipworth getting the three brownlow votes....

haw v norf this year was abysmal. syd v norf last year in Canberra was a crime against football. rich v carl in `01 was dreadful, it was a final and it was ugly.

I was at that Canberra game. Halfway through the local church bells started ringing and some one said that the pope must have died. Another replied: "Lucky b@stard, he doesn't have to watch the rest of this game."

Kangaroos Vs Adelaide Two Years back
Friday Night Game

One of the Lowest scoring scraps i have seen...

With Hayden Skipworth getting the three brownlow votes....

I agree there the conditions weren't too bad at all i couldn't believe how crap the game was. 2 goals in the first half, maybe even 1 not sure...

In terms of my own club, the worst game of football ive seen would be:

Round 13 1999. Port v Hawthorn @ Football Park

Port 8.17
Haw 6.9

Was played in normal night conditions, light dew, no rain, minimal wind. In terms of a contest Port led from start to finish and although the margin never really creeped beyond 4 goals, Hawthorn never looked like challenging. Without doubt the most boring game of football ive been to.

Second game was:
Round 11 1999. Port v Richmond @ Football Park

Port 4.8
Rich 3.12

The game was marred by torrential rain the entire night. Richmond had 1.7 at 3/4 time. The whole match consisted of throw in, quick kick out of bounds, throw in, ball up, quick kick out of bounds, throw in etc.

Strangely enough it was a pretty exciting finish with Richmond kicking 2 goals in the last 3 minutes and the siren going as they were running forward uncontested down the wing with an almost open 50m zone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Richmond V Carlton game this year (MCG Friday Night....early in the season) was probably the worst game of Football I had seen for a long time.

I'm with you, I remember the punters at the game laughing at how crap it was...that first half was a freakin embarrassment...the second half proved slightly better but undoubtedly the worst game I have ever seen...:thumbsu:

Richmond vs Carlton friday night game this year.
Most mistakes in a game of AFL EVER !!!!!! ( Check the stats )
SO BAD IT WAS GOOD

Totally agree with these, the Richmond Carlton game this year was hands down the worst game I've ever seen. I just wanted to go home early to get away from it but said I'd wait until Richmond got another goal to at least end the game, yet they couldn't even do that.

Just such a terrible horrible game to watch

As a West Coast supporter the last western derby where the Dockers won by 60 odd points was one of worst games ive seen. After the first quarter the Eagles didn't even try. It was painful to watch.

As a spectator Round 13 2005 Fremantle vs Kangaroos at Subi Kangas won 8.18 64 to the Dockers 6.8 44 terrible skills by both teams in a low scoring defensive game.

Was unlucky enough to watch Hawthorn vs St Kilda at TD this year. I'm sure Saints supporters loved it coz they walked away with a big win, but, to see Hawthorn players get the ball half way between FB and HB and instinctively go backwards was just mind numbing stuff. I never regret watching a game of footy but did on this occasion. It was a perfect example of how the game shouldn't be played.

One of the worst I have seen was round 7 2005 Melbourne vs. Adelaide game. It was the breast cancer appeal game I think.

Not the worst display of skills, just way too defensive orientated and negative football.

The Richmond vs. Adelaide game was another game I do not want to see again. I was cringing more than from watching the office.

Carlton v Hawthorn, I think it was 2004 may have been 2005. Everitt was the only player on the ground who looked like he belonged at AFL level - or at high school level.
Even the terrible Hawthorn v North game at York Park was better - though only marginally.

Adelaide vs Richmond then 110 years of daylight. Most angry Ive ever been at a loss. I think Richmond fans would have preferred to lose then that bull******** considering they didn't make the 8.

Adelaide vs Richmond then 110 years of daylight. Most angry Ive ever been at a loss. I think Richmond fans would have preferred to lose then that bull******** considering they didn't make the 8.

that game knocked me out of the work knock-out tipping comp as well. Bloody smart arse Terry Wallace.

Swans vs St.Kilda in 2002 was disgraceful.

Swans vs Fremantle in 2001 I think was also very ordinary. I can remember Roy and H.G bagging it on TV the following week.

Yep the swans freo was really bad. It was like both teams had been on the piss.

Nothing compares to whatever it was Richmond served up against Adelaide this yr....they played netball coz they knew they couldnt win at footy.

Took a lot of spilt blood to earn that "eat em alive" spirit...its more like "eaten alive" spirit for the last 20 odd years...now they'll happily play netball whenever it looks all too difficult for them.

Any club can do that at anytime. Only those not ashamed to wear a skirt would try it tho. No ticker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst game of football you have seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back