WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one am happy they found a way to put on a good show and not have the wrestlers put on more matches after a pretty gruelling travel schedule.

It was only Drew, Mansoor and Ali (who wrestled on SD for barely 3 mins) who were on CJ. Other talent like Zayn, Corbin, Hit Row and Nakamura were not. So they could have easily had more/longer matches if they chose to.

According to Russo, that is what makes a great show . His major gripe with Rampage and why they get no viewers is it’s just wrestling, wrestling and wrestling. So obviously Smackdown is trying to please the Russo audience by having a very long seen this before Roman promo segment, a long boring promo segment and a forgettable long promo segment.

Personal opinion, but I found that whole first 30 mins of SmackDown more enthralling than any meaningless match

Personal opinion, but I found that whole first 30 mins of SmackDown more enthralling than any meaningless match

I agree. The Brock and Roman followed by the Brock and Adam Pearce segments were brilliantly done and contribute so much more to the brand than a match would have.

They edited the Becky-Charlotte segment on the replay, so Charlotte doesn’t drop/throw down the belt now

Very unprofessional from Charlotte to throw a hissy fit. Been plenty of talent who haven't agreed with bookings/decisions but stay professional and get the job done regardless.

Very unprofessional from Charlotte to throw a hissy fit. Been plenty of talent who haven't agreed with bookings/decisions but stay professional and get the job done regardless.

Exactly. For how much Charlotte has been handed in her career (deserved or otherwise), she could have at least done what was asked of her and be professional. Her attitude was disgraceful and you could see how ticked off Becky was walking up the ramp.

She has been spoiled rotten over the last 4 years, anyone remember when she kicked up a stink and won the Rumble over Rhea.

Hopefully she ****s off to AEW with Alberto Del Rio Lite.

I look at it in a way where I am happy that a top tier talent is publicly calling out the booking.

There is a bit of that too where I feel for Charlotte (and the rest of their women who are extremely good). However Charlotte has form and is developing a bad reputation for poor and disrespectful conduct directly toward and with fellow women in the ring. She's perhaps gotten away with it as those on the receiving end haven't been of great status. Not so with Becky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look at it in a way where I am happy that a top tier talent is publicly calling out the booking.

Can't agree with that, of recent times "Dean Ambrose" went through some horrible booking and made the call to leave. He still showed up every week and did what they asked think Nia Jax, The mask etc. The Revival also had some horrendous booking but still turned up and did what they were being asked to do like the waxing /shower segments etc which were total bullshit garbage.

These people are paid to do a job, whether they or we agree that it was shit booking and a disaster is a mute point.

And now we have to listen to them bitch and moan about the company because they didn't stand up for themselves whilst they were there. Charlotte is standing up for herself and I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully more start doing so and call out the stupid booking for what it is.

And now we have to listen to them b*tch and moan about the company because they didn't stand up for themselves whilst they were there. Charlotte is standing up for herself and I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully more start doing so and call out the stupid booking for what it is.

Charlotte is the last person in this company to cry hard done by.

I can't think of anyone apart from maybe Roman who has had a more favorable run since the day she stepped into the company.

Charlotte has never done anything close to the levels of entertainment like Roman in the Shield and the current Tribal chief run.

Last edited:
Enjoyed that Cesaro was front and centre with the Brock interaction on SD and followed up with a comment on social media slight tease for a match down the track perhaps at the Rumble before Brock takes on Reigns at Mania?

Can't agree with that, of recent times "Dean Ambrose" went through some horrible booking and made the call to leave. He still showed up every week and did what they asked think Nia Jax, The mask etc. The Revival also had some horrendous booking but still turned up and did what they were being asked to do like the waxing /shower segments etc which were total bullshit garbage.

These people are paid to do a job, whether they or we agree that it was sh*t booking and a disaster is a mute point.

conversely though, remember when Austin walked out because they wanted him to lose to Brock in a KOTR qualifier on RAW?

conversely though, remember when Austin walked out because they wanted him to lose to Brock in a KOTR qualifier on RAW?

I went through a stage around 2002-2009 didn’t watch much as lived in the UK over winter playing cricket.

Austin went through a rough patch personally around the same time didn’t he? He had form for abusing his then wife? Not excusing it either I think kudos to the likes of Ambrose and FTR who stayed professional got it done and got out of there.

And now we have to listen to them b*tch and moan about the company because they didn't stand up for themselves whilst they were there. Charlotte is standing up for herself and I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully more start doing so and call out the stupid booking for what it is.
It’s one thing to dislike certain wrestlers, outcomes of matches, the booking of matches but for WWE to have total control over this and put themselves in this situation and think that a ‘belt swap’ is the most satisfactory outcome is an F’ing joke. Charlotte and Becky should have shut this down the second it was suggested. It devalues the belts, the wrestlers and the company. Imagine hiring writers and doing this. Now you have 2 wrestlers who have belts they didn’t win and WWE probably credits them with a ‘new’ title reign…..37 time WWE women’s champion Charlotte. They’re actively telling their ‘universe’, ‘we don’t give a shit about you’.

I understand what your saying but it’s kind of like the movies the actors or actresses get the script etc.

The belt is a prop, plenty of movies have had stupid scenes or endings but hey someone’s signing the paycheck so do what they say it’s their show.

For what it’s worth hated it also and could have totally been avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back