Xavier Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

Roy boys

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2008
victoria
i thought the hawks were awesome tonight & so many of your players were terrfic but i'll be honest i don't see anything in this kid. He fumbles, he turns it over & his not strong over the footy, i don't know how much he'll improve but atm i just think his average at best.

Im a big wrap for the kid but he is really struggling with the pace at the moment. Has shown glimpses of brilliance and why he was a highly rated pick but there are reasons for concern. Hopefully he gets his touch back.

Yea wasn't to sure how this was going to be taken on this bored but yea, i know his young but compared to the Tuck's & Rioli's who appear to have all the time in the world & use the footy he just doesn't have that same poise for a player who has had massive raps on him. His still young but yea i would be very worried about his lack of improvement in terms of being up with the pace of the game little things like cramping & rushing a little with his disposal. But hey not a bad position to be in when you can worry about a kid who as at least shown something. Just a question is Lewis & Crawf back next week ?

Yea wasn't to sure how this was going to be taken on this bored but yea, i know his young but compared to the Tuck's & Rioli's who appear to have all the time in the world & use the footy he just doesn't have that same poise for a player who has had massive raps on him. His still young but yea i would be very worried about his lack of improvement in terms of being up with the pace of the game little things like cramping & rushing a little with his disposal. But hey not a bad position to be in when you can worry about a kid who as at least shown something. Just a question is Lewis & Crawf back next week ?

Huey Lewis is back next week and Cindy Crawford is off for 1 more.

Lewis is back next week. Crawf some time after that.

Lewis is SC gold :thumbsu:

He's very much an outside player and needs to improve on the instinctive aspect of his game, esp when in tight & close.
He'll come good, just needs to bulk up and continue learning from Mitch, Sewell, Hodgy and co.

Probably for another thread but where would ellis rate in your young onballers/half forward/ half back, players like ellis, tuck, Kennedy, Morton, Moss, Rioli, WhiteCross etc & maybe some i left out, watching abit of Box Hill & preseason i think Moss & Morton both have very big futures.

Probably for another thread but where would ellis rate in your young onballers/half forward/ half back, players like ellis, tuck, Kennedy, Morton, Moss, Rioli, WhiteCross etc & maybe some i left out, watching abit of Box Hill & preseason i think Moss & Morton both have very big futures.

Tuck
Rioli
Morton
Ellis
Kennedy
Whitecross
Moss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks to handball to someone as soon as he gets it so he doesn't make a mistake - a sign of where his confidence is at which is understandable for a skinny kid playing AFL. Never tries to penetrate with his kicking either or have shots at goal when he should - he always takes the safest option.

Has been thrown in the deep end which is good in the long run but right now needs some development time at Box Hill. We can afford this now as we have more depth.

He did show some character tonight as he made a few bad errors and didn't drop his bundle completely which is good to see. He is quick in the mind and has neat skills but doesn't have the pace or body strength to have any impact at this stage of his career. I honestly don't think he will make any sort of impact until late 2010 (not this year, not next but hopefully the second half of 2010.

I really thought this may have been picked up tonight.

The signs don't look real good so far. I would say he contributed the least tonight also. By all accounts though, the kid has great talent, and it is still early, so maybe a few more games into the season before we look into it too deeply.

He really needs to put some more weight on though. He gets bumped off the ball to easily, and seems to get exposed in close, because he's a little slow with disposal.

I can't believe we just won a game most wouldn't have expected to win at the beginning of the year and all you guys can do is b!tch about Ellis. Time to crawl out from under the rocks and see some light.:thumbsdown:

Hasn't had a good start to the season but we need to keep perservering. Think with time and a bit more time in the weights room will come along nicely. Had a good win tonight lets keep looking for the positives

Guys forget the he needs to bulk up call.

Luke Power was a slight build for his first 3 year yet delivered the ball to targets.

Xavier is trying to be cute at times by holding onto the ball for too long.

X go with your first instincts and move the ball.

Taking soft little chip marks in defense and stopping helps nobody.

We are a blooody dangerous unit when we move the ball and run in waves.

We are a terrible unit when we try to chip the ball around in our back half. Xavier has a kick on him that hangs far too long in the air to.

Lewis for Dew
McGlynn for X

Remove this Banner Ad

Xavier Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back