Yjfl

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard that the DVL Junior season will start in June due to water restrictions and they will only play eachother once, can anyone confirm that this is happening for Yarra as well or is it the same as previous years?

YJFl haven't decided yet, and probably won't until early-mid March. In all likelihood though they will delay the start of the season until after Easter, but until it is announced, assume an April 1 start.

YJFL have just announced that the season will commence on April 15, a delay of two weeks. 15 game season with usual finals. The situation remains under review and is subject to ground availability and Council approval.

I have heard that for every month that there is not sufficient rain the start is delayed a week.

Hey mattyr! I know the trouble that occured against Ivanhoe related to Bundoora players that are no longer eligible for Colts. Also, the coach will no longer be involved. As such, nearly the whole team will be new. What has been the fall-out for the club since? We heard the league were administering operations (although that was supposed to end in February). From an outside perspective the other clubs will be pleased if a new culture is developing at your club. Good luck for the season!

Also, will your club be fielding a Division 1 side? If my memory serves me virtually the whole side last year was upper-age Colts. Ivanhoe will still have 10-12 Divvy 1 players from last year.

Hey mattyr! I know the trouble that occured against Ivanhoe related to Bundoora players that are no longer eligible for Colts. Also, the coach will no longer be involved. As such, nearly the whole team will be new. What has been the fall-out for the club since? We heard the league were administering operations (although that was supposed to end in February). From an outside perspective the other clubs will be pleased if a new culture is developing at your club. Good luck for the season!

Also, will your club be fielding a Division 1 side? If my memory serves me virtually the whole side last year was upper-age Colts. Ivanhoe will still have 10-12 Divvy 1 players from last year.

wont have a divi 1 side the two bottom age players that played up in division 1 have gone to another club....
we have just been tarnished with a bad name and that is that just gotta get on with the footy now and not worry about thAt stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who's gonna win the division 1 grand final this year, like to see what the early tips are for the flag
It will be out of Ivanhoe, Bulleen-Temp or Fitzroy - no one else will be close! Ivanhoe have yet to be challenged winning by 69, 53 and 74 points in their 3 games over St Marys, Bev. Hills and Bundoora respectively. None of these sides will be in the mix so I suppose it is hard to gauge how they are going. Heath O'Farrell (who caused last years grand final to go into extra time with his spec. mark on the bell) has absolutely starred. Aside from him, they are a very even side with plenty of large bodied lower age kids coming into a side that boasted plenty of upper age athlete style players.
On a separate note, the new Bundoora coach deserves special credit for addressing all the players from both sides about the hard work his club has put in over summer to address last years behaviour. His players played the ball all day and were a credit to him.

It will be out of Ivanhoe, Bulleen-Temp or Fitzroy - no one else will be close! Ivanhoe have yet to be challenged winning by 69, 53 and 74 points in their 3 games over St Marys, Bev. Hills and Bundoora respectively. None of these sides will be in the mix so I suppose it is hard to gauge how they are going. Heath O'Farrell (who caused last years grand final to go into extra time with his spec. mark on the bell) has absolutely starred. Aside from him, they are a very even side with plenty of large bodied lower age kids coming into a side that boasted plenty of upper age athlete style players.
On a separate note, the new Bundoora coach deserves special credit for addressing all the players from both sides about the hard work his club has put in over summer to address last years behaviour. His players played the ball all day and were a credit to him.
How did Ivanhoe go on the weekend?

yer they lost to surrey park.
strong performance by surrey, up by about 10 goals early in the last quarter before ivanhoe came back a little bit. just wondering how did bulleen lose their last two games? players out or were fitzroy and banule too good?

yer they lost to surrey park.
strong performance by surrey, up by about 10 goals early in the last quarter before ivanhoe came back a little bit. just wondering how did bulleen lose their last two games? players out or were fitzroy and banule too good?
Shit Surrey Park must be pretty good.

Shit Surrey Park must be pretty good.

I was there ... they were good i must admit but.... for ivanhoe performances and players YET to come back... Heath out after being called up to play Chargers... they had an extremely flat day. the last quarter showed an increase of intensity and spirit and Surrey Park backed right off so let the season begin from now.. i can guarantee Ivanhoe Fitzroy Bulleen and Banyule the top 4 with Surrey Park to be the UPSET of one of those 4 teams or just missing out unfortunately...

Ivanhoe Vs Bulleen Grand Final rematch i believe Ivanhoe will win providing they play from the first quarter not the last... :thumbsu:

all the best to all teams:D

I was there ... they were good i must admit but.... for ivanhoe performances and players YET to come back... Heath out after being called up to play Chargers... they had an extremely flat day. the last quarter showed an increase of intensity and spirit and Surrey Park backed right off so let the season begin from now.. i can guarantee Ivanhoe Fitzroy Bulleen and Banyule the top 4 with Surrey Park to be the UPSET of one of those 4 teams or just missing out unfortunately...

Ivanhoe Vs Bulleen Grand Final rematch i believe Ivanhoe will win providing they play from the first quarter not the last... :thumbsu:

all the best to all teams:D

yer i saw heath and co. over in the stands. that was definately a factor but will any of their players miss most/all of the season with TAC duties?

how unlucky has our St.Mary's div. 4 team been??? we have won 1 game and lost 3. we won by 7 goals, then lost by 7, 5 and then 3. Although, the next 3 weeks look promising because all three of them are 0 - 4 and two of them have percentage of 10 and 13, lmfao. CARN BOROUGH!!!

yer i saw heath and co. over in the stands. that was definately a factor but will any of their players miss most/all of the season with TAC duties?

Paynter is to play against bulleen today for 1 quarter... brunelli is still out because of shin splintz and stress fracturess, the majority of the school footy players hav been playing the only couple that may be out would be walshy, benny Omizollo brunelli hamish... if they dont qualify with the min amount of games played... ben is playing his first this week so should be interesting if we ever get our full squad in.. we have one of our rucks out and looks like school footy players arent playing because they played satdy against mentone etc.. heath has played majority games should be seeing him more frequently when rotated through chargers hopefully all the best to him and others.. :cool:

ivanhoe vs bulleen who will win? :thumbsu:

Paynter is to play against bulleen today for 1 quarter... brunelli is still out because of shin splintz and stress fracturess, the majority of the school footy players hav been playing the only couple that may be out would be walshy, benny Omizollo brunelli hamish... if they dont qualify with the min amount of games played... ben is playing his first this week so should be interesting if we ever get our full squad in.. we have one of our rucks out and looks like school footy players arent playing because they played satdy against mentone etc.. heath has played majority games should be seeing him more frequently when rotated through chargers hopefully all the best to him and others.. :cool:

ivanhoe vs bulleen who will win? :thumbsu:

bulleen by almost 100...
i wasnt expecting that. flat day, players out, bad start and dropped heads? were bulleen just too good? they are definately a quality side but so are ivanhoe.

St Mary's the club that wants to ruin every Club so the can all play amongst thmeselves, have dropped their better U14 Gold side to Brownso they can stop St Damian's winning the flag.They wpuld have been odds on now that Ashburton were pushed into Gold.

Also as St Mary's have a strong vote on the grading committe, ensured St Damian's Colts 2 side went into Gold after the 4 games, can't have their arch enemies winning a flag, can they.

Go the Bulls,

Heard the coach is a bit of a dictator

Remove this Banner Ad

Yjfl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back