Media Young Dragon to take landmark constitutional case to the High Qourt of Sweet

Remove this Banner Ad

big_icky

Smiling Politely
Jul 26, 2023
AFL Club
Adelaide
icky high qourt.png

Typewriters across Sweet are going into overdrive as journalists scramble to cover the latest development at Civic Square.

Enterprising young winger big_icky has initiated legal proceedings against the Sweet FA alleging his constitutional right to post as many teamsheets as he wants has been infringed upon.

The plaintiff, very sexy, alleges that on the evening of April 4th he posted two valid teamsheets in the correct thread, following all formatting rules and refraining from making any wholesale changes or other shenanigans that would hinder a simmer.

He was then shocked and saddened to see that shortly thereafter, his teamsheets were deleted and his access to the thread was rescinded entirely.

Speaking to assembled reporters outside of the High Qourt, Icky had this to say:

"I am pursuing this case not because it is easy, but because it is hard. I believe that any and all Sweet FA denizens can post whatever teamsheets they want, because that is our right. There is no law that says who or who cannot post a teamsheet and I think that's a wonderful thing. I believe it shows we are all equal in the eyes of the law and I believe it's worth fighting for."

We spoke to Sweet FA legal expert serial_thrilla about Icky's case, having tested and enforced many of the league's rules over his career.

fry scientist.png

"Ah-"

He'll tell us that Icky's argument is largely based on the rules laid out in the Teamsheet Submission thread, which does not include any restrictions on who can post the teamsheet or indeed how many times one can be posted.

WARNING - THIS THREAD IS SOLELY FOR THE POSTING OF THE WEEKLY OFFICIAL TEAM SHEETS AND SUBSEQUENT RESULTS.
ANY POSTS SUPERFLUENT TO THESE BOUNDARIES WILL BE REMOVED.

This season, all Official Team Sheets each week must be posted IN THIS THREAD. It is encouraged that teams also be posted in the Match Threads, for the opposition to disparage, but the simmers will only enter the teams as posted in here, under the auspices of the Rules.

Please remember to include something that identifies your team (eg club logo) and correct Round number. Please refrain from posting team sheets until the previous rounds results have been posted.

At Season's end, this thread will then be rolled over into the Archives and serve as a summary of Season 37.

Submission Rules

The deadline for team sheet submission is the Thursday 11:59 PM Perth Time before a match unless stated otherwise by the Administrator
Team sheets must be displayed in a logical format that is comprehensible by the game simmers. Each positional line {e.g. B, HB, C, HF, F, Foll, INT} must be defined clearly and in case of positional changes the specific positions must be communicated in the listed changes. The only acceptable format is:
B: BP / FB / BP
HB: HBF / CHB / HBF
C: W / C / W
HF: HFF / CHF / HFF
F: FP / FF / FP
FOLL: RU / RR / RO
INT: INT / INT

Changes (eg)

OUT > INT
BP > OUT
OUT > BP
INT > OUT

This writer understands the Sweet FA's legal team will seek to argue that the posts did not consitute an 'official' teamsheet and that Icky's posts will be considered 'superfluous to the boundaries' as laid out in the OP.

Icky has invited any and all prospective defence attorneys looking to cut their teeth with a landmark constitutional case to contact him directly as he looks to strike a blow against, as he puts it, the 'tyrannical and overbearing' league leadership and 'win one for the little guy.' Or in this case, the big icky.

Clearly a case for a SEC 3D on Elton Johns Wig here.

3D) Administrator Conduct - Abuse of Power & Incompetence
If a player feels the administrator is blatantly abusing their power or failing to fulfil the duties then they may contact all SFA captains stating their case:
  • If the half of Committee (Currently: 7/13) believe the Administrator is corrupt or incompetent they obtain the right to open an application process for any potential challengers to the Administrator position. A Committee vote will take place within two weeks on whether the Administrator retains the position or the challenger is preferred.
  • If the significant majority of Committee (Currently: 10/13) is of the belief that the Administrator is corrupt or incompetent they can forcibly remove the Administrator of their position and open an application process for a new Administrator immediately. A spokesperson within the Committee will be appointed by the representatives as a caretaker Administrator during this process. The ousted Administrator cannot apply.

Look buddy, I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings.
Nz3eBT0.png

View attachment 1949924

Typewriters across Sweet are going into overdrive as journalists scramble to cover the latest development at Civic Square.

Enterprising young winger big_icky has initiated legal proceedings against the Sweet FA alleging his constitutional right to post as many teamsheets as he wants has been infringed upon.

The plaintiff, very sexy, alleges that on the evening of April 4th he posted two valid teamsheets in the correct thread, following all formatting rules and refraining from making any wholesale changes or other shenanigans that would hinder a simmer.

He was then shocked and saddened to see that shortly thereafter, his teamsheets were deleted and his access to the thread was rescinded entirely.

Speaking to assembled reporters outside of the High Qourt, Icky had this to say:

"I am pursuing this case not because it is easy, but because it is hard. I believe that any and all Sweet FA denizens can post whatever teamsheets they want, because that is our right. There is no law that says who or who cannot post a teamsheet and I think that's a wonderful thing. I believe it shows we are all equal in the eyes of the law and I believe it's worth fighting for."

We spoke to Sweet FA legal expert serial_thrilla about Icky's case, having tested and enforced many of the league's rules over his career.

"Ah-"

He'll tell us that Icky's argument is largely based on the rules laid out in the Teamsheet Submission thread, which does not include any restrictions on who can post the teamsheet or indeed how many times one can be posted.

This writer understands the Sweet FA's legal team will seek to argue that the posts did not consitute an 'official' teamsheet and that Icky's posts will be considered 'superfluous to the boundaries' as laid out in the OP.

Icky has invited any and all prospective defence attorneys looking to cut their teeth with a landmark constitutional case to contact him directly as he looks to strike a blow against, as he puts it, the 'tyrannical and overbearing' league leadership and 'win one for the little guy.' Or in this case, the big icky.
Good to see a rookie writing nonsense, even if it doesn't contain any Dragons gifs or praise for their captain it's nice to see someone challenge me for the beez.

Good to see a rookie writing nonsense, even if it doesn't contain any Dragons gifs or praise for their captain it's nice to see someone challenge me for the beez.

My vote is Pugsley 4 the Beez this year, will you accept third?

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Young Dragon to take landmark constitutional case to the High Qourt of Sweet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back