2 KB · Views: 20
  • nfl-vikings.png
    nfl-vikings.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 22
  • nfl-washington.png
    nfl-washington.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 21
Chief

So sorry to pester you, and over this again. But I wanted to keep improving. I previously showed you a 'Plain' 3D helmet version. But then I went ahead and using those plain templates, created shadow and lighting effects to give them a more real look. I created two different versions of light sources. The first one I like the look of better, more organic. The second one follows the same principle as the existing ones on the system. The first version looks better, but the second version looks better on some teams depending where their logo is placed.

Ideally using whichever set you prefer (version 1 or version 2 lighting), but I wanted to do this because the existing helmets on the system...some helmets are different sized to others, some aren't as crisp, etc, so I wanted to create a set where they're all exact to each other. These ones are also a little more vibrant than the existing set.

Again, so sorry :(

------

LIGHTING VERSION 1

Demonstration
View attachment 1269512

Icon Set League Logos
View attachment 1269514View attachment 1269515View attachment 1269516
Thanks but I don't know that the detail will show up well on the emojis.

I'd forgotten I hadn't posted this here, but a Cowboys idea I had last year...their silver was historically more of a metallic version of powder blue, and I figured I'd return to that. I basically tweaked the double star jersey a bit and then made a metallic blue version. Risky choice, I know, a real life version could either resemble a lighter version of the Seahawks' old gunmetal blue uniform or be too light to actually work as a dark jersey, it'd depend on how it got manufactured.
For those unaware, that little blue stripe on the back of the helmet is....drumroll please....the wearer's surname on a Dymo label. Yes, they are the only pro team that does this (I also don't know of any prominent college teams who do this regularly...well, Arkansas did once, but they were explicitly wearing a one-off Cowboys tribute uniform). And yes, they've done this since the 60s.
cowboysconcept20.png

So at CCSLC, one poster's mentions that the Browns could probably wear off-white better than the Rams did gave me the idea to try it out. I've decided to make a series of it, though this is likely going to be one of the very few where I include a dark jersey.
brownstintedconcept.png

The Saints, I went with their Color Rush/throwbacks, using a slightly lighter, more gold-tinted cream than what I used for the Browns on top, and in honor of Mardi Gras, a mint green tint on the bottom. Purple might have been a better tint option, but I'm likely using a purple tint when I get to the Ravens.
saintstintedconcept.png

For the Bears, meanwhile, I was originally going to use the same cream shade I'd used for the Browns, but ended up with a more orangish cream on top; on the bottom, a sky blue tint, referencing the city's famous flag.
bearstintedconcept.png

The Steelers' tints were meant to represent steel in a couple disparate forms: molten (top) and cooled (bottom). Admittedly, I'd probably have needed to based the cream off of a more neon-like shade to truly capture molten steel's uniquely bright glow.
steelerstinted.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints again...somebody wanted to see a matching helmet to the green-tinted uniform, and I figured I'd get the other prominent Mardi Gras color in the mix as well
saintstintedconcept2.png

Bucs gone wild...top is basically a much paler version of their old creamsicle orange, bottom is where I used the Rams' bone...mostly because that color's name alone just sounds like it'd make a lot more sense for Tampa Bay to be using than the Rams.
bucstinted.png

Keeping with the odd tints, two versions of the Vikings in pale purple, one modern and one based on the Randy Moss era.
vikingstinted.png

The Cowboys get regular and throwback versions of a metallic blue tint (the silver they use for their helmets started out as a metallic blue and got more silvery over time, though the shade is still distinct enough that you can tell the difference when they play the Raiders, Patriots, Lions or Panthers.
cowboystintedconcept.png

The Packers, I float the ideas of cream or mint green replacing white...and anticipating that someone may want to see matching helmet versions, I went ahead and posted a variant with matching cream/mint green helmets. Not gonna lie, I can't help but feel like I made the wrong decision in recoloring those helmets' G gold. It's kinda like that Argentine soccer ref who gave out 36 red cards, it seems like it should be right, but I don't think I'd do it again.
packerstintedconcept.png

packerstintedconcept2.png

More of this tinted stuff, equestrian edition...the Broncos, I went with a pale sky blue due to Denver being mile high, and in honor of the city's Japanese-American community, cherry blossom pink. `
broncostintedconcept.png

The Colts' tints were both inspired by the Indy 500-green for the starting flag, and cream for the milk the race winner is traditionally awarded.
coltstintedconcept.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Your NFL Uniform Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back