Toast Your recollections of the day of any or all of our Premierships

Remove this Banner Ad

96. Watched at my mates place. Got smashed. Went to the pub in my North jumper with 18 on the back. People were buying drinks, calling me Carey. Was great.

Woke up in the morning to a angry future Mrs.Spider telling me I pissed next to the bed during the night. Checked, and I had pissed all over my North jumper.

96. Watched at my mates place. Got smashed. Went to the pub in my North jumper with 18 on the back. People were buying drinks, calling me Carey. Was great.

Woke up in the morning to a angry future Mrs.Spider telling me I pissed next to the bed during the night. Checked, and I had pissed all over my North jumper.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Ok we have a winner
Lock the thread

IUB would be proud!

IUB would be proud!
I've heard of IUB. He must have been a popular character here. A bit of a larrikin it seems. What funny tricks gid he get up to?

My wife and her family have been to all of the north wins. 96 was my first and it was great. Especially as Sydney appeared to be on top and suddenly, North went bang!

Lucky enough to be at the Centenary GF with my mum in 96: Mike Brady, John Farnham (a North man:sparkles:), the gold cup :trophy:, the Wayne Carey balloon lying prostrate on the ground (I superstitiously thought that was a sign we were going to lose). ... But all that was just the prematch :coldsweat: There were so many fantastic moments, a blur at the time but watching it many times in the years after... "Allison, he loves a goal", "They're back", "Slapped by McKernan", "Stevens can just about seal it for North Melbourne" - as it all unfolded, I love it! Plus those stripy North hats! After the game I went out with friends to Arden Street and pretty sure it was McKernan brandishing the gold cup when the team got off the bus.

I was also at '99 which was fantastic too.

1727475604136.png

Last edited:
I've heard of IUB. He must have been a popular character here. A bit of a larrikin it seems. What funny tricks gid he get up to?

My wife and her family have been to all of the north wins. 96 was my first and it was great. Especially as Sydney appeared to be on top and suddenly, North went bang!

IUB took things too far to the point where the joke was very thin…probably the most ridiculous but funny posts were the Game Day Thread for the 2015 Elimination Final when on the first page he was trying to get a chant in his honour started before the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Your recollections of the day of any or all of our Premierships

Remove this Banner Ad

Back