Usage for hash tag: marginalgains

1. Janus

Review Round 1, 2024 vs West Coast

On the theme of #marginalgains: Last year, Port scored 109 points from 59 inside 50s and conceded 69 points from 48 inside 50s. This year, Port scored 120 points from 57 inside 50s but conceded 70 points from just 40 inside 50s. The reduction in inside 50s is good. So our team defence has...
  2. RussellEbertHandball

If you could have just one change this off season....

Stop blindly and pointlessly bombing the ball inside 50. #marginalgains
  3. RussellEbertHandball

Putting season 2020 in perspective

#marginalgains in 2020. That's my perspective. For some that's enough. For others it isn't.
  4. RussellEbertHandball

everyone needs introductions

Someone who understands #marginalgains. ;)
  5. RussellEbertHandball

Corona virus, Port and the AFL.

#marginalgains. 10 from outdoors and no booze, to 10 indoors with booze, but not 20 like WA will be getting on Monday 25th and NT. Edit - announcement was 10 outdoors +10 indoors from Friday for restaurants and cafes. Increase to 20 moved from public holiday June 8th to Friday 5th for the long...
  6. Sleezy

Let's talk Ports! Part 3

I think RussellEbertHandball is improving. This nickname didn't come with a 6 parapgraph explanation of the derivation and etymology. #marginalgains
  7. RussellEbertHandball

Official Club Stuff It's Official - New Joint Major Sponsor MG

I considered making my first post after the announcement #marginalgains, to reflect MG and my contribution. That's what my contribution was, a 1%er near the end after the Corporate team had done a shit load of excellent work.
  8. RussellEbertHandball

Meet Up Meet Matthew Richardson at the club

...between 3rd and 4th. But 1st and 2nd tend to have proved they are distinctively better than 3rd and 4th. Sometimes its just a case of #marginalgains to get 4th. Then its an exponential leap to get to a flag. I don't know when they met, but June 2006 was the announcement by the AFL, they...
  9. RussellEbertHandball

Meet Up Meet Matthew Richardson at the club

...little things. They add up and up and up, and reflect the Club’s attitude and mentality. Do you agree? Many of you know that I use #marginalgains in both a pejorative sense and a realistic positive sense. As I wrote on page 11 of the Making the top 4 and building for a flag thread a couple...
  10. El_Scorcho

Opinion Best/Worst Port Adelaide players of 2019

...11.5d 1.5m 1.5g Marshall 9d 2.8m 0.5g Howard moved forward in Round 11 and since then he's averaging 10d 4m 1.1g So we've effectively sacrificed Howard's defensive prowess so he can give us #marginalgains over Frampton while the ladder leaders are happy to just develop a key forward...
  11. Chrizzt

Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

But hey, those #marginalgains though
  12. RussellEbertHandball

Roast WHAT I WANT TO SEE FROM A WELL COACHED PORT SIDE THAT KEN HINKLEY HAS FAILED TO SHOW US

We went from 2W and 7L against the 7 other finalists in 2017 to 3W and 6L against the 8 finalists in 2018. #marginalgains
Back