List Mgmt. 2015 Draft. Rookie Draft on Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you think the suns will pick up at 6? If essendon pass up on francis will the suns go for him or milera? Or is oliver, hibberd or collins a real bolter..?

I think everyone here is pretty much in agreement that Francis would be a great fit for the Suns as we lack a 3rd marking back or 3rd tall forward.

Milera appears to be the favorite within media circles that we could choose him also although from a needs basis he does not appear to be as good a fit as what Francis would be.

Of the 3 bolters you mentioned there is a chance that we could wait it out for them at 16 and see if any of those fall to us there rather than reaching at 6.

I think everyone here is pretty much in agreement that Francis would be a great fit for the Suns as we lack a 3rd marking back or 3rd tall forward.

Milera appears to be the favorite within media circles that we could choose him also although from a needs basis he does not appear to be as good a fit as what Francis would be.

Of the 3 bolters you mentioned there is a chance that we could wait it out for them at 16 and see if any of those fall to us there rather than reaching at 6.
Good insight cheers

Well done Ben, but I think the media manager would be so excited someone was actually tweeting about the Club he'd probably "favourite" anything!
Isn't Twitter the new MySpace??;)

Valid point.. I'll lower the fist pumping down to a minimal then.

Soo..
Where and How do we find.. 6? Rookies?

I'd look at rookieing Blake Hardwick or Nick Dodge if available

Hisham kerbatieh or Davin Ferreira also as small forwards

And likely to get Budarick

Probably will end up with a few mature rookies too
Hope to pick up a few Qldérs in the Rookie draft , Budarick would be one , Ubergang another if still availble. The rest bank on Clayton's knowledge to find the next Saad / Brooksby.

Hipwood going at 9th pick overall would imply that the Suns bid on him with their selection, doesn't it?

I doubt that'll happen.

EDIT: unless the intention is to try and use all of the Lions' picks for Hipwood so we can snag Keays with 16?

I didn't even notice that..
But you are correct.
Not sure why he has us bidding on him
Makes me not want to believe anything he writes pre draft now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct RE: Francis. Rumours are that clubs outside of SA are staying well clear of him because of go-home-factor. Hasn't made it a secret at all that he'll be gone ASAP. Similar to a Wingard stance I guess?

Curnow could be gone at #3 to the Dees.
Brisbane made that mistake with Aish. Better off drafting a kid that is willing to play outside of his home state.

Valid point.. I'll lower the fist pumping down to a minimal then.

Soo..
Where and How do we find.. 6? Rookies?

It's a fair question isn't it?
I've gone from deflated to curious about the current trade/draft period I have to say
The first step to cure is recognising you have a problem and I now realise we're not a destination Club and that we will have to do things differently to get success over the rich Clubs from interstate with massive power bases
That's why I'm curious, because I sense we might just be shaking things up
Will be rookie some local guys, for instance that aren't on anyone's radar?
What I do know is that whoever we do rookie they will be cheap and cheerful because to have any chance of retaining our top tier talent into 2018 we'll have to have cash on hand and the ability to easily discard a few turnips from the list
Otherwise we're destined to be cycling through multiple first round picks that we develop and then go home 3 years later for ever

Don't underestimate the brain inside Rocket's chrome domius and Clayton's ability to drag a rabbit or two out of a moth eaten hat!

Knightmare has updated his phantom draft and is looking a lot more how I hope it plays out

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/knightmares-2015-draft-almanac.1091303/
This is the best mock I have seen for our needs.
Knightmare has Francis coming to us at 6. He then has Mitchell Hibberd coming to us at 16. Now trying to pick who is going to go 16 in this draft is nearly impossible as has been evidenced by the wide variety of players that have been touted to come here. What is exciting about Knightmare's draft is that if say, Hawthorn pick up Hibberd before us, there is a wide variety of class all around our pick that we could very well snaffle.
Ryan Burton is tipped to go lower, so he is the one I would pick but there is also Balic, Tucker, Bonner, Collins and Partington all within three or four of our pick 16.
It is uncertain which way Clayton will go with this pick and it largely depends on who we get with pick 6, but if we end up with Francis, Hibberd could release KK onto a wing or maybe Hibberd could be the tall wingman we have never had. Burton is the multifaceted fwd we have never really had. Collins looks like he could slot in for Thompson or May should they go down immediately. Balic, Tucker and Bonner all seem like class mid's which you can never have enough of and there is also Ben Mackay who could develop (or not) into a dominant KPP.
Overall, I am more excited about our draft situation then I was a fortnight ago.

I don't exactly understand Claytons spread the age philosophy.
It only takes 1 extreamly nice hand at a draft and your next 10years are set to reap rewards.
We pretty much had a royal flush this year.

3-10-19 21 etc could of knocked it out of the park.

Next year he'll prob spread the age again and the year after.. I don't want to be a middle tier team.. With a group of players 6under the age of 20
6 20-24bracket
6 the 24-28 bracket
And 6 the 28-32 bracket.
Age is just a number,

Look at Touk and Cripps and the Bont Jessie Hogan.

I want to smash the draft open then dominate the league.

No more spreading the age please.

-rant end-

No more spreading the age please.
Not spreading the age is exactly what set the Lions up for 15 years of mediocrity. I can see what Clayton is doing because it's a long term thing, but it's definitely had to take in when we're giving away picks we're likely not to see again in the future (for a while, anyway).

Not spreading the age is exactly what set the Lions up for 15 years of mediocrity. I can see what Clayton is doing because it's a long term thing, but it's definitely had to take in when we're giving away picks we're likely not to see again in the future (for a while, anyway).

I think we need to keep options open at least this year until we know what we are doing, from both ends of the spectrum:

from the top end - we need to know what Lynch, O'Meara and Prestia are doing

from the bottom end - how many of Russell, Leslie, Cameron, Lemmens and Tape will make the grade this year (plus Mckenzie will need to improve or he could meet the same fate as Stanley)

Could be a lot of spots opening up on our list we will need to fill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back