2020/2021 SBFFL Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So we still going with UF positions? Need to know if I’ll have Hately as a defender this year!

I’m not sure if we ever definitely made that call. I thought it was SC positions, with AFL fantasy positions updates throughout the season. Might be wrong, or we might have never officially decided. I don’t really mind, we can just go with UF positions to make it easier. Depends how different they are from SC.

I’m not sure if we ever definitely made that call. I thought it was SC positions, with AFL fantasy positions updates throughout the season. Might be wrong, or we might have never officially decided. I don’t really mind, we can just go with UF positions to make it easier. Depends how different they are from SC.

It was always only SC positions, the only change was we’d adopt the the new updates from AFL fantasy during the season. UF positions have never come into it.....

I thought that at the start of every season SC positions = AFL Fantasy positions. In order to automatically get the DPP additions throughout the year we would actually toggle on AFL positions. But we apply SC scoring.

So always SC scoring. But this year AFL fantasy positions.

I thought that at the start of every season SC positions = AFL Fantasy positions. In order to automatically get the DPP additions throughout the year we would actually toggle on AFL positions. But we apply SC scoring.

So always SC scoring. But this year AFL fantasy positions.

How do we have SC scoring but AFL positions?
Literally makes no sense. Perhaps the adoption of the in season changed positions was an incorrect decision. I’m pretty sure they align at the start of the season for the most part, but it’s not 100%.

Not sure if I’ve missed something here but don’t we use SC scoring and UF positions?
Granted that there are similarities in positions across SC/AFLF/UF but each have their nuances too and none are exactly the same as the other.

Still need to make a call whether we are sticking with the UF platform with UF positions/ manual SC scoring/auto waiver wire.
Or move to TS with SC positions/ auto SC scoring/ manual waiver process.

How do we have SC scoring but AFL positions?
Literally makes no sense. Perhaps the adoption of the in season changed positions was an incorrect decision. I’m pretty sure they align at the start of the season for the most part, but it’s not 100%.
U sure?
Far as I knew they both use champion data, SC and AF positions exact at beginning of year only AF takes on CDs changes thru the season.

Yeah my understanding is that AF and SC are identical position wise to begin the season. So as we’re going with SC positions initially, if UF has an AF setting, it would actually make sense to use that, because that would automatically add the AF in-season changes, as mentioned above.

It’s getting a bit too close to the start to use TS I think... staying on UF and adding up SC scores once a week really isn’t too bad, especially if you use footy wire and make a custom squad, because the scores are all in one spot. And doing manual WW is painful.

League is active by the way lads. You should be able to access your team and make sure your draft selections are correct, that you have the right Tom Lynch, etc.

I have done a bulk update on player positions and set everything to 'Champion Data' so all player positions should accurately reflect SC. We can edit position changes as and when the AFL drops them during the season.

I have also locked trading and delisting/waiver wire on all teams until we can agree on how to proceed from here.

Can I put up for discussion the following:
  • at least 3 players taken in the national draft this year must remain on your list up until the end of the 2021 season
  • that we can recommence trading through and up to season commencement
  • that the waiver wire only be unlocked Monday, 09th March, which is the day after the last pre-season game. This allows all coaches sufficient time to research what is happening at all AFL clubs with regard to Round 1 selections and assess the free agency list. In the past there have been some coaches who have been unaware that the waiver wire is active and have missed the opportunity to pick up players. If, we don't like this course of action I would suggest that the waiver wire just be opened forthwith and run through until season start.
Remember, we are all listed as administration level users so everybody can unlock lists and make changes when the group decides on a course of action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m comfortable with locking the waiver wire till the 9th everything else I’m onboard with as well.

Dannyreed & I have a blockbuster trade to announce when trading is open again.

I trade Treloar & Menegola
Danny trades English, Daicos & his future 1st

I’m comfortable with locking the waiver wire till the 9th everything else I’m onboard with as well.

Dannyreed & I have a blockbuster trade to announce when trading is open again.
I trade Treloar & Menegola
Danny trades English, Daicos & his future 1st
Since nobody has protested going into another trading period I have unlocked trading. You should be able to propose and accept this trade via ultimate footy.

Who’s going to hold the money? I did it the first few seasons, Left_Billings has done it the last couple because of paypal and simonoz i think. I’m happy to do it again but I don’t have PayPal... could Simonoz pay someone else and then pay me?
Otherwise who has PayPal and is happy to do it?

League is called “Summer Islanders”?
It's a throw to Game of Thrones, after all that's what this is about...the chance to ascend to the throne...to be a king amongst mere men.

EDIT: :think:

Never mind me...carry on!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back