Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Boy oh boy, this kid has been treading water for a year or 2 now, but now he is drowning. His first 10 games were better than his last 10 IMO. Not sure if the stats back that up though.

Signed until end of ‘24. If he doesn’t find another level, it’ll be his last contract. Although with Rawlings in charge, a further 2 year extension may be imminent.

Fumbles, slow, questionable decision making and looses his feet a lot. What do the coaches see in this guy ?

Got ****ing tourched for calling him out on this and the game day thread over the past two years.

So frustrating.

So shit. I don’t get it. What is his position?? Does he want to be a midfielder? He keeps saying he was a forward. I would not pick it.

Just another bloke who did nothing during the preseason and magically gets picks round 1, does nothing at the elite level and gets picked week in week out - would simply not get a regular game at any top 14 club.

When blokes like CT are every week players it's a clear reminder of where our list is at.

Fumbles, slow, questionable decision making and looses his feet a lot. What do the coaches see in this guy ?
x-factor, creatvity, an aerial presence and the ability to kick goals. ie, his first half against Carlton as an example

the bloke is super talented and the criticism of him is ridiculously over the top for a bloke who, like much of the rest of the list, is still young, inexperienced and has stuff to learn and develop

if you cant see the talent he has, it's on you. Consistency and time is what CT needs -- he's not the same type of player, but I can imagine him having a very similar career trajectory to Mason Wood. I just hope we stick fat while the player develops this time.

x-factor, creatvity, an aerial presence and the ability to kick goals. ie, his first half against Carlton as an example

the bloke is super talented and the criticism of him is ridiculously over the top for a bloke who, like much of the rest of the list, is still young, inexperienced and has stuff to learn and develop

if you cant see the talent he has, it's on you. Consistency and time is what CT needs -- he's not the same type of player, but I can imagine him having a very similar career trajectory to Mason Wood. I just hope we stick fat while the player develops this time.
Startled baby.gif

I have been a fan but it was telling yesterday that in the moments we needed him to impact the game, he failed to do so. Really needs to be clutch to provide that critical point of difference.
He seems like he blows up quite quickly, probably due to covering lots of ground. So a couple of times as a result opponents get around him too easily and then our defensive structures fail.
Just hope he can take the next step otherwise he’ll be playing A-grade footy under Mick McGuane sooner rather the later.
Keilor FC gonna love having him back in a couple of years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super talented

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

All of those things were things he had in juniors. He honestly hasn’t shown many of those attributes at AFL level.

To me he doesn’t really have any X Factor, he is pretty one paced and doesn’t do many things that stand up and make you go WOW!

I guess he is a bit creative, but often doesn’t have the required skill to pull off the things he is trying to create. Over the past 2 years he has been guilty of some horrendous turnovers when he has tried to kick into the centre of the ground to open up play.

As far as aerial presence goes, he had some incredible marks in juniors and is very capable in marking contests, but far too often he gets pushed off the ball with ease because he doesn’t have the body to compete. Imo you can’t really say he is an aerial threat when he averages 0.5 contested marks across his career.

No doubt there is some ability there and he has the potential to be a decent role player in a successful side but he needs to add some meat to his bones, be cleaner with the ball, add some more physicality into his game and add some more strings to his bow.

All of those things were things he had in juniors. He honestly hasn’t shown many of those attributes at AFL level.

To me he doesn’t really have any X Factor, he is pretty one paced and doesn’t do many things that stand up and make you go WOW!

I guess he is a bit creative, but often doesn’t have the required skill to pull off the things he is trying to create. Over the past 2 years he has been guilty of some horrendous turnovers when he has tried to kick into the centre of the ground to open up play.

As far as aerial presence goes, he had some incredible marks in juniors and is very capable in marking contests, but far too often he gets pushed off the ball with ease because he doesn’t have the body to compete. Imo you can’t really say he is an aerial threat when he averages 0.5 contested marks across his career.

No doubt there is some ability there and he has the potential to be a decent role player in a successful side but he needs to add some meat to his bones, be cleaner with the ball, add some more physicality into his game and add some more strings to his bow.
I vividly remember people on here in 2020 saying that, of all our young guns, they were the most excited about him. He was seriously impressive. I was almost on that bandwagon, though TT probably overshadowed him slightly.

I think your last paragraph sums him up well. Fumbling isn't a coordination issue, not when you make it at this level, and his kicking action doesn't have many flaws either. A bit of work with coaches/psychologists and some extended time in the gym (who knows what he's been doing for four preseasons) will hold him in good stead. It's down to him now though. He has the talent but is he willing to put in the effort to maximise it. So far, it appears not

Still in a child’s body 4 years into his career. If he doesn’t show up on the preseason looking like an actually man then delist him on the spot.
That applies more to bailey Scott

CT is the only 2 way runner in this team, he’d have to give up some endurance to pack on the kgs

Just not AFL standard until he gets his body right.

It's not where it needs to be and his performances are nowhere near it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back