AFLW AFLW List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you will find Lauren playing close to goals, very good contested mark.

she’s played everywhere during her short career, I believe even minutes in ruck when they needed her there.

She’s Matthew Pavlich, i reckon we will chuck her wherever we need her at that moment of time.

Our midfield is still miles off the best units and we need a difference maker there.

You didn't read closely enough. They were the February 2023 announced concessions before the April 2023 AFLW Supplementary Draft to mainly help the expansion sides.

These conditions do not apply to the December 2023 AFLW Draft.
I don’t know where the info can be found but we have 3 priority signings we can use on academy players over 2 or 3 years. We chose to use none last year because we had Young, Goody and others from the dominant SA U18 team.

I know we are also keen on Window who is aligned to the Crows so not in our academy but I guess if she nominates for the SA draft as opposed to the open draft we could jag the top 3 in Rookie Me Centrals power ranking.

Young and Goody is like taking Reid and Walter in AFLM. Good stuff.

This is the Rookie Me top 10 rankings

Power-Rankings-AFLW-U18s-WP-Oct.jpg

Young, Goody, Brooksby can all join via NGA. I think Window can choose to stay in SA which means we can grab her with our first pick. Then there are other SA girls hovering around the top 15 that we are a chance for with our second pick.
Just announced Brooksby has pre signed.

Love that we've got Brooksby, but can anyone explain why we've taken Brooksby and not Goody first?
Either she has signed and they are drip feeding things, or she said she wants to take her chance in the draft, ie nominates another state to be drafted in. She knows its between her and Window who goes first in the SA zone draft part of the AFLW draft, if she nominates SA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love that we've got Brooksby, but can anyone explain why we've taken Brooksby and not Goody first?
Looks like they wanted to make the announcement after they had been to the 3 girls training sessions, so they could share it with their SANFL club teammates, and probably had different training days and times.

Re trying to draft Piper Window, Rookie Me Centeral says

SEPTEMBER RANKING: #3

DRAFT LOOK:

The SANFLW best and fairest winner could end up the first ‘live’ pick in the draft, and considering her CV in 2023, it would hard to deny she is up there with the best. If a state-based draft she will likely head to Port, but in a first round national-based draft then it opens up the possibilities. The fact she is a Crows-linked NGA player is likely to get Adelaide proactive in securing her.

STATE RANKING:

DRAFT LOOK:

The SANFLW best and fairest winner could end up the first ‘live’ pick in the draft, and considering her CV in 2023, it would hard to deny she is up there with the best. If a state-based draft she will likely head to Port, but in a first round national-based draft then it opens up the possibilities. The fact she is a Crows-linked NGA player is likely to get Adelaide proactive in securing her.

STATE RANKING:
So what does that mean in AFLW? Can the Crows just sign her like we've signed our three, or can we still draft her?

DRAFT LOOK:

STATE RANKING:
The teams ahead of us might be open to trading, but I don't think you have much flexibility with trading picks or players. Would be hard for the Crows to put together a better offer than us if it comes to that.

So what does that mean in AFLW? Can the Crows just sign her like we've signed our three, or can we still draft her?
No.

Only the 4 expansion sides have NGA pre signing rights. They end at this draft.

If she nominates SA as the state she wants to be drafted into, then the crows will have to do a trade to get in front of us.

I'm so confused on the Window thing. How could Adelaide possibly get ahead of us when we finished 15th? Makes no sense to me.

I've been saying this for years now, but our AFLW journey starts for real now. This was always the plan and we must capitalise.

I'm so confused on the Window thing. How could Adelaide possibly get ahead of us when we finished 15th? Makes no sense to me.

I've been saying this for years now, but our AFLW journey starts for real now. This was always the plan and we must capitalise.
Window has a choice whether to nominate for the draft as a SA player or a national player. If she nominates for SA she'll end up here, but if she nominates for the national she could end up anywhere. That is how Adelaide could get her, but they'll have to trade into a position to take her.

Window has a choice whether to nominate for the draft as a SA player or a national player. If she nominates for SA she'll end up here, but if she nominates for the national she could end up anywhere. That is how Adelaide could get her, but they'll have to trade into a position to take her.
Would take a significant amount of collusion to achieve that no?

Because even if Adelaide trade up, unless they trade up to pick #1 then everyone else with a pick above them in the national draft could still take her? Or trade out that pick to a team like Port that could grab it and her?

Surely they'd be better off going the Sarah Goodwin path - let her come to Port but get in her ear?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back