Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

For everyone bagging mcreary I remember a bloke by the name of d Swan his first 2 seasons were bog average then look what he became, very similar burst players and body strength

For everyone bagging mcreary I remember a bloke by the name of d Swan his first 2 seasons were bog average then look what he became, very similar burst players and body strength
Sorry. But two problems with this post:

1. Different era. Which means different gamestyle and tactics.
2. Completely different player and what they bring to the said tactics and gamestyle.

Apart from that….spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely something to explore there. I think he looked very comfortable, and didn't get lost chasing the man at all
really interesting to see with degoey out with groin issues, I think we have tried to turn him into something that his not. 100% midfielder. the answer here lies with McCreery. Degoey should be 60-70% mid and 30-40% forward and McCreery vise versa.

Every time he goes for one of those gut busting runs forward I expect him to turn it over, and he nearly always does

If Richards and Harrison continue to come on, Beau should be trade bait

Trade bait?
What do you expect we would get for him?
It certainly will not be a first rounder sontheres not much point in trading him.

Every time he goes for one of those gut busting runs forward I expect him to turn it over, and he nearly always does

There are 2 kinds of Collingwood fans.

Those who bag Beau, and those who understand his contribution.

He is a player that has the clear ability to take the next step as a footballer from a cameo burst player to consistent impactful player, but most of these types simply don't progress. I don't see any reason why he can't pick up 15/20 disposals consistently and 30+ goals a year.

Beau should be trade bait
Season 9 Wow GIF by The Office

Neither of them have his brute physicality that puts the fear of god in opponents. The surface was the cause of the poor bounces last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back