Past Player - Patrick Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: ND Pick # 10 - Patrick Dangerfield - Geelong Falcons

I'm in shock. We could've drafted Ebert who's a local lad for a guy who won't even be in our state for the entire season. Yeah, another awesome selection by the Crows.

Did we even know he was staying in Vic? :p We would've, which makes the decision even more ridiculous.

So much for being bottom aged, a year is wasted on him staying in Victoria.

Taylor Walker get on the phone to Patrick and get his backside on a plane to Adelaide and tell him you can complete Year 12 in Adelaide.

This is like that one time I got a sweet remote control car for christmas, but it didn't come with batteries and all the shops were shut :(
Way to open up old wounds, Rendell.

im shocked, i believe the WCE didnt even talk to ebert

Dangerfield is and will be a very dangerous player pun intended. Quick, strong and tall. Runs the lines hard, something we need and justified with pick 10....however Ebert was still there and I am still spitting blood out my mouth atm that we passed over him for Pat. WCE grrrr typical getting a steal at 13, like the did with Hurn.

Obvously its little disappointing he won't be here next year, but you never know, he could come over in 09 and be ready to play the whole season and turn out to be a wonderful player for the AFC.

I also wanted Ebert but I love this kid, after watching some falcons games, he is their best player by the way, i got an idea of what he could be.

he wont play next year because of VCE in VIC.

dont worry too much it should give him a chance to put on some weight and get match ready with a full year of preseason style training.

i think however we can be writting next year off and try for a move in 2009, i believe we will have a much higher pick next year

Obvously its little disappointing he won't be here next year, but you never know, he could come over in 09 and be ready to play the whole season and turn out to be a wonderful player for the AFC.

EXACTLY!! Seriously guys, a lot of you have serious issues if you want to moan and bitch over this. Say we had the choice between Judd and Luke Ball, and we picked Judd but he chose to do year 12 in WA in his first year with us. Would you still pass him up? Of course you ****ing wouldn't. Grow the **** up kids and wait and see what we've got here.

Or come over for a year, play two games, then go home for sweet f all

And that is the major concern for us all

Basically Rendell and Craig have ****ed up in a big big way by taking such a massive risk with our future

FFS I am pissed off

Which one is the joker and which one is the muppet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Ebert obviously hasn't been judged as good a prospect. Doesn't matter if he's playing next year or not, if he ain't gonna be as good it ain't worth it.

Thats a spurious argument

Its a business and at pick 10 you make a business decision. You dont hire a person as the best then let him stay at a lesser business for a year...just because he may be the best in 2 years

Or come over for a year, play two games, then go home for sweet f all

And that is the major concern for us all

Basically Rendell and Craig have ****ed up in a big big way by taking such a massive risk with our future

FFS I am pissed off

Which one is the joker and which one is the muppet?

Of course, because you have a time machine and know exactly what these kids will choose to do in a few years. :rolleyes:

Thats a spurious argument

Its a business and at pick 10 you make a business decision. You dont hire a person as the best then let him stay at a lesser business for a year...just because he may be the best in 2 years

Blah blah blah, obviously the AFC agrees with me.

Of course, because you have a time machine and know exactly what these kids will choose to do in a few years. :rolleyes:

No ******** I dont, and neither do you, and neither does the AFC, and that is the problem, it is such a massive risk with our future

EXACTLY!! Seriously guys, a lot of you have serious issues if you want to moan and bitch over this. Say we had the choice between Judd and Luke Ball, and we picked Judd but he chose to do year 12 in WA in his first year with us. Would you still pass him up? Of course you ****ing wouldn't. Grow the **** up kids and wait and see what we've got here.

The difference is Ebert has the potential to be like Ball. Dangerfield will never be like Judd.

Watching some highlights of this kid, disposal needs some work as does his decision making but holy crap is he fast. he would fancy himself to burn off juddy

Would be easy to do as they are in the same f state

:(

He wasn't going to play this year anyway, he needs some balk because he likes going in hard at it and will need afl weight to keep doing it.

He is obviously a grounded kid who wants to finish school and not a criminal in the making like angwin.....

dont get too angry at this pick just yet, in 2009 we will have walker and dangerfield coming through

remember he was always going to finish VCE so it wasnt spur of the moment because he went to us, he was still rated very highly dispite the fact he wasnt going to play footy in 2008

At first I was pissed off, but I also understand that we desperately need pace, and Dangerfield will provide this. Our other picks reflect this need as well.

With him apparently staying in Vic for '08 - how does that work in terms of $$$. I assume that we just pay him the base rate without any match payments - but what are we paying him for? He won't even be training with us.

Massive risk when Ebert was still there. With the state of our list we've got no margin for error with our drafting. I've got no doubt that Rodney is a very good prospect, but why take the risky option when Ebert was still available? :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back