Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Have to love the tripe trotted out by all commentary teams, “The tackler just has to get lower.” (As Pickett ducks, his head no more than 2’ off the ground)
Pickett ducks with the best of them, if the AFL were actually serious about head injuries they’d stop rewarding ducking and flopping. I won’t hold my breath.

Yep, it's moronic the AFL rewards this.

The other one is when you haven't necessarily ducked but bent over to pick up the ball, but the player stays bent over and turns their head into the oncoming tackler to win a free kick. There was a very short period when these were rightly paid holding the ball, as ducking is prior opportunity. If you have time to duck, fend, attempt breaking a tackle, you're GONE! But that's not how it is today... probably because someone's twin brother has a team full of duckers and fenders who don't release the ball and attract head knocks.

Another one is when they're being tackled they'll hold the ball around their neck area to scab another free kick. You can't pin the arms as it slides off down the shoulders, and if you try to pin the ball they wiggle into a free kick around the neck.

They're all sh*theads and shouldn't be rewarded. Better technique my a*se! They're playing for free kicks, how about disposing the ball like everyone else!

“Why not?” - Ken Hinkley on making finals in 2022

Because to make finals you need points, and to get points you need to win games. You have not won a single came Kenneth.
Did they run out of slogans at The Slogan Store?
3 coaches now running with “Why Not (Us)?” 😂
Really gets the supporters fired up with such conviction.

The word out of HO this morning is that the Marketing team have come up with an innovation that makes the game more relevant to the world as it is today.
Henceforth, the unit of length measurement will cease to be metres and will become putins. A ready reckoner conversion is 10 metres to every putin. Or to put it another way, the distance between a President and toadies at the big table.
Effective from the next round: the D50 and the F50 will be now called D5p and F5p, no player may run more than 1.5p without bouncing the ball, and a raking left foot drop kick only qualifies as same if the ball carries further than 5p.
I hear that the idea was sourced from some guy called Vlad who claimed to be a past AFL President.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Why not?” - Ken Hinkley on making finals in 2022

Because to make finals you need points, and to get points you need to win games. You have not won a single came Kenneth.
The Saints were 0 and 5 one year and we went on a rampage and made finals. It can be done.

Does Melbourne have a weakness? Not a single team/coach seems to have exposed any in the last 18 months.

I actually think Port had the right plan last night, they just didn't have the forward line to take advantage.

Melbourne want momentum fuelled game, full of stoppages forward of centre. They thrive on stoppage after stoppage and smashing goals from the contest on the back of their ruck dominance.

If you bring the game to a stop and maintain possession, like Port did, then you nullify their biggest weapons.

Ports issues last night were that they did not have the forward line talent to take advantage of their entries and they continued to find Max Gawn down the line rather than try to go around him.

I think if a team like Brisbane or Sydney played like Port did last night, they could shut Melbourne down.

Here’s a graph for all those confused. Btw if you Silent Genners could all try harder to live up to your name that’d be great 😎

View attachment 1366564
milennial bros.. it's time we rise up and assert dominance

and there's no way that's generation alpha from 2010, more like generation beta cucks

everyone knows theres only 2 generations now. millenials and boomers. teenagers decide when you miraculously transition. cant wait for the first time im called a boomer so i can complain about millenials :D

what a world we live in.

The worst thing about being technically within the Boomer window, is not being able to respond to your post with "OK Boomer ".

milennial bros.. it's time we rise up and assert dominance

and there's no way that's generation alpha from 2010, more like generation beta cucks

What's the traits of Millenials?
Listening to Robbie Williams ?

which in true Millenial style , he ripped from a boomer song.

Sung here by a band loved by Millenials and Gen Z.

What's the traits of Millenials?
Listening to Robbie Williams ?

which in true Millenial style , he ripped from a boomer song.

Sung here by a band loved by Millenials and Gen Z.

You boomers mock us millennials at your peril. I ask you, who will fix your printers? Your wifi? Who will set up your recurring payments for bills??????????

The age of the cheque book and the fax machine are over, learn your place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back