Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Since the've made the umpires un-reproachable they seem to have become worse.

Were largely OK when we had one on one sort of footy and a rather pure game of "these people are talented, v these not so much", as soon as the game morphed into effectively rolling maws of people as phwoar contested footy, not only was it less of a spectacle, but you end up with NFL light of "this is the individual who is employed to enforce ruling. Lets watch 20 seconds of play and hear 5 minutes of explanation."

It's not that any single thing is worse, I mean, they're fitter now and camera's catch so much more than previously, but as that spectacle, the loser is always footy.

Then you have the MRP which is simply a joke.

I mean you have all these things and close ups and everything on the field, and you admit "well if situations were different and my hand was a goose maybe have tomato" as evidence, what is the actual point in then doing any sort of investigation instead of just waxing lyrical into the wind? That's not umps, that's a governance thing, and time and time again they've shown they only give a shit about cash and F footy.

How many times has he got away with this over the years? That’s twice in a couple of minutes.
Can’t get much more blatant. Don’t know how these players keep their cool.
Quoting myself I know …

I would actually complain to the umps if I was a player in this situation. I mean what are they going to do, give away a 50m penalty when he’s almost certainly going to kick a goal anyway?

The AFL is really for gender equality, the umps in the AFLW grand final miss obvious holding the ball calls.
I fell asleep just on half time but they were poor from what I saw. Missed calls or just weird calls.
They were booed pretty hard after the game by the winning teams fans, they felt hard done by that’s for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back