Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Still sh!ts me that he had to wait as long as he did to debut, while a couple of spuds continually played infront of him running around like headless chooks.

Pure and simple stubbornness by Dimma, blind Freddie could see this kid had more talent in his little toe than those 2 list cloggers
im having a bit each way on cumbos late intro the team.....he knocked the door down and smashed it down and was finally selected while dimma went with his george and aarts as his preference early on. dimma also had gibcus and hugo playing from round one and and their form has tapered off. so maybe coming off an acl in mid 2020 dimma wanted to get another half a season into him and blood a few others first like clarke and biggy before cumbo get him superfit and polish up some of his rough edges.....just to back myself up , how many thought hugo and gibcus would be playing vfl after promising starts and after dimma gave them both 3 or 4 very average games before losing patience with them and sending them back to iron out deficiencies.

With a bit of luck he could have won us the last 3 games, took that mark 2 weeks ago that nearly won it against Norf, played on at the death last week and that smother won us the game this week, love his attack on the ball, a bit like Towner with more skill.
He actually did win it for us against north. You can blame aarts for farking up the easy bit.

He’s on track to finish top 4 on our goal kicking for the season!

Incredible and Sad to look at for many reasons

b17f719732aeda60f6e285ab4fa2eeef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Once he got a couple of nervous behinds out of the way, he's barely missed. He's awesome from anywhere in the front 50.

What I think is just as good or even better is his ability to create something from nothing. He makes things happen and he brings a really good spark and energy to the team. Love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't want to put any pressure on the kid but he's got a bit of Royce Hart in him. Can't mark like him but about the same size and build, left foot kicking styles are similar and the intensity to follow his work on the ground is a bit similar in style. There you go son, no pressure.
Jesus. Low expectations have been set :D

Once he got a couple of nervous behinds out of the way, he's barely missed. He's awesome from anywhere in the front 50.

What I think is just as good or even better is his ability to create something from nothing. He makes things happen and he brings a really good spark and energy to the team. Love it.
Needs to stop getting caught out of position behind his man at times. But that’s only a minor criticism as he’s got great goal sense

As a medium forward, he fills that third target option incredibly well. He's tall enough to take a contested mark, but agile enough to crumb and run. He is a natural footballer, who creates play. Setting up others or finding ways to score when he has no right to. He has the right balance between offense and defense which is some of our previous small forwards struggled with.

What I like most about him is that he makes the whole forwardline more dangerous and unpredictable. Defenders have to defend him now which means Lynch and Jack will get more off the chain. It means we are confident to look for him in the F50 and up the ground. It means we have a young player to add enthusiasm and spark moving into the important stage of the season.

Five goals from your third forward. Once upon a time guarding space and cutting off the switch kick were all we could expect from our nonkey forwards and that worked for a while. How much better is it having someone who actually kicks goals rather than missing them all day. The basics of the game, reliable accurate kicking - who would have thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back