Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather Logue over Melican. I would expect to pay more salary and more trade assets for Logue and still I would rather him.

Lobb isn’t being linked to us any more…. It appears the Dees have given up on keeping Jackson and see Lobb as the steak knives in the Jackson trade. I would be surprised IF we get Lobb now.

Realistically bringing in Logue (2nd rounder?) and signing Jones as a FA; I would love another player to come in but would be happier with our list. Bergman would be a bonus but aside from him, I can see us heading to the draft. Rowe for ‘free’ I would be ambivalent about.

Losing Dunkley will hurt BUT I think West is ready for more midfield time and I love his game. Dunkley leaving is probably Wests only way of getting those minutes. I think it’s easier to bring in a small forward than a midfielder as good as West.

I am quite bullish about this draft class and can see some good rookies having an early impact for us.

Hoping for 8 off the list, 3 brought in by trade, 3 draftees, 1 rookie and a list spot for next years mid year draft.
It's r23 they've reported it's all but done what mpre do you want them to report?

Rather Logue over Melican. I would expect to pay more salary and more trade assets for Logue and still I would rather him.

Lobb isn’t being linked to us any more…. It appears the Dees have given up on keeping Jackson and see Lobb as the steak knives in the Jackson trade. I would be surprised IF we get Lobb now.

Realistically bringing in Logue (2nd rounder?) and signing Jones as a FA; I would love another player to come in but would be happier with our list. Bergman would be a bonus but aside from him, I can see us heading to the draft. Rowe for ‘free’ I would be ambivalent about.

Losing Dunkley will hurt BUT I think West is ready for more midfield time and I love his game. Dunkley leaving is probably Wests only way of getting those minutes. I think it’s easier to bring in a small forward than a midfielder as good as West.

I am quite bullish about this draft class and can see some good rookies having an early impact for us.

Hoping for 8 off the list, 3 brought in by trade, 3 draftees, 1 rookie and a list spot for next years mid year draft.
I doubt Logue can be had for a second rounder.

Realistically bringing in Logue (2nd rounder?)
Logue would cost closer to a top ten pick than he would a second rounder. Being uncontracted dilutes that a bit but he would certainly get a first round pick. He has been exceptional for them at both ends of the ground.

If Brad Hill wasn't paid so damn much, I'd have him on a wing.
Doesn't really seem interested in doing the amount of defensive running we demand of our wings IMO.

Logue would cost closer to a top ten pick than he would a second rounder. Being uncontracted dilutes that a bit but he would certainly get a first round pick. He has been exceptional for them at both ends of the ground.

Doesn't really seem interested in doing the amount of defensive running we demand of our wings IMO.
He hasn't been exceptional at either he's been a good 3rd tall defender and a serviceable forward at best

He hasn't been exceptional at either he's been a good 3rd tall defender and a serviceable forward at best
I respectfully disagree and think you would struggle to find a Fremantle supporter who has watched all or many of their games who would agree.

He has been very important structurally and performed strongly in both roles, particularly when they were playing better footy at the start of the year.

Melican for Cordy is a solid upgrade

Cannot disagree with this enough.

Cordy’s bump summed up his importance to us IMO

No one on our list has the ability to hurt opposition like he and Liber.

I respectfully disagree and think you would struggle to find a Fremantle supporter who has watched all or many of their games who would agree.

He has been very important structurally and performed strongly in both roles, particularly when they were playing better footy at the start of the year.
Did he excel or was he important structurally? He's kicked 5 goals. Sam Weiderman played the same role when Brown was out ant kicked almost twice that. He has not been exceptional at all as a forward but yes he has played his role

Cannot disagree with this enough.

Cordy’s bump summed up his importance to us IMO

No one on our list has the ability to hurt opposition like he and Liber.
Cordy has been our weakest link in our worst games this year.
I think he's hit his ceiling and its lower than what we need in our backline.

His performance against Lobb stamped his papers for mine.

What did you expect him to do? Was giving up 14cm and the ball was coming in under no pressure, he did well to push him wide and to the 50s Lobbs kicking was just exceptional that day

No doubt in my mind he’s a defender and a very good one. Especially good against athletic types.

Bare in mind he is playing in a team that has no real structures forward, midfield and backs.

This is my fear we are making decisions on players both in and out of the club in an environment where in our coaches heads things are very very messy

Messy in the head, messy on team sheet and messy on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he excel or was he important structurally? He's kicked 5 goals. Sam Weiderman played the same role when Brown was out ant kicked almost twice that. He has not been exceptional at all as a forward but yes he has played his role
There is no way you can watch Weideman and Logue play and think they played the same role to similar effect. Weideman's defensive work is terrible and that's certainly not what he (nor Brown) was in the team for.

You seem to think a defensive forward is an invalid role or one only reserved for bad players? He isn't going to be a forward long-term, nor does he look like developing into a legitimate goal-kicking threat, but that's OK and doesn't change what I said. He has performed strongly in the role given to him in the forward line and has been an exceptional asset for them wherever he has played.

Even if you disregard the forward play, though - he's a young KPD coming into his prime and playing well. The market is huge for those kinds of players. No way anybody nabs him for a second rounder.

There is no way you can watch Weideman and Logue play and think they played the same role to similar effect. Weideman's defensive work is terrible and that's certainly not what he (nor Brown) was in the team for.

You seem to think a defensive forward is an invalid role or one only reserved for bad players? He isn't going to be a forward long-term, nor does he look like developing into a legitimate goal-kicking threat, but that's OK and doesn't change what I said. He has performed strongly in the role given to him in the forward line and has been an exceptional asset for them wherever he has played.

Even if you disregard the forward play, though - he's a young KPD coming into his prime and playing well. The market is huge for those kinds of players. No way anybody nabs him for a second rounder.
Is he playing as a forward or a defender? His value as a defender is a late first his value as a forward is significantly less. Schache played the same role in the finals last year and actually hit the scoreboard. He has played his role well as a forward but to say he's been excellent is a fair reach given the easy role he is playing

Is he playing as a forward or a defender? His value as a defender is a late first his value as a forward is significantly less. Schache played the same role in the finals last year and actually hit the scoreboard. He has played his role well as a forward but to say he's been excellent is a fair reach given the easy role he is playing
Playing a player out of position for half a season doesn't suddenly mean they lose value. He will be valued as a defender at the trade table.

Playing a player out of position for half a season doesn't suddenly mean they lose value. He will be valued as a defender at the trade table.

There is a club that is looking at him as a defender alone.

Again the point im making is you said he's been excellent as a forward when in reality he hasn't
I said he has been exceptional for them at both ends of the ground, then doubled down and said he has been an exceptional asset for them. I didn't say he's an excellent forward. I think you have understated how good he has been in that role and significantly overestimated how "easy" the role is to play, but that's different to thinking he will slot into a side next year as an excellent key forward. He's clearly a defender first, but showing the capacity to lock down a dangerous interceptor up forward is clearly an asset to teams, and him playing there certainly doesn't detract from his value.

Cordy's occasional physicality doesn't offset the fact he is a complete liability defending anybody in the league one on one.

Most our our defenders are shyte one on one at least Cordy has physicality.

And he is playing in a side that has no real structure.

What did you expect him to do? Was giving up 14cm and the ball was coming in under no pressure, he did well to push him wide and to the 50s Lobbs kicking was just exceptional that day
Agree the criticism of Cordy's game V Lobb is over the top. He consistently forced him out to the 50 despite his big size difference and the easy entries. Not often a guy kicks perfectly from 50 five times in a row!

Agree the criticism of Cordy's game V Lobb is over the top. He consistently forced him out to the 50 despite his big size difference and the easy entries. Not often a guy kicks perfectly from 50 five times in a row!
4362418A-4507-418E-8EA8-E723F85AD8C2.jpeg
Not that I think he’s any good but this is where he had his shots from definitely not one you can be blaming Cordy for

View attachment 1481218
Not that I think he’s any good but this is where he had his shots from definitely not one you can be blaming Cordy for
The way he was nailing most of shots from the 50 was the most damning part and largely why they won the game. Cordy did well to carrel him so his only options were to lead further up the ground for his shots. Usually only 2 of those would of been goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back