Player Watch #21: Matthew Jefferson

Remove this Banner Ad

dropping simple marks and getting pushed aside with ease isn't 'halving a contest' or 'getting the ball to ground'. Halving a contest and getting the ball to ground is meant to be crashing through a pack, taking bodies with you and giving the crumbers a chance of collecting a ground ball. I love how the definition of 'getting the ball to ground' has changed from that to 'offering no physical presence, dropping marks and letting the key defender dictate all the play'.
He wasn't even attempting to take marks for most of the year. Everyone made fun of how he went at every contest with one arm. He was clearly told to do that, just get the ball to ground at all costs. Which he did. It sucks and barely worked but if Jefferson plays, every single 1 on 1 will end up being an opposition mark, he will get tossed aside like a ragdoll and it will destroy his confidence.

He wasn't even attempting to take marks for most of the year. Everyone made fun of how he went at every contest with one arm. He was clearly told to do that, just get the ball to ground at all costs. Which he did. It sucks and barely worked but if Jefferson plays, every single 1 on 1 will end up being an opposition mark, he will get tossed aside like a ragdoll and it will destroy his confidence.
no-one is suggesting that Jefferson will play next year. but you mention ragdolling and every single 1 on 1 will end up being an opposition mark. To me, this is what happened with Ben Brown last year. Every time he went to the ball, it would basically be a turnover. So Jefferson would not/could not be worse in this regard. But he'd actually be much better at ground level. But yeah, we won't see him for 2 years.

no-one is suggesting that Jefferson will play next year. but you mention ragdolling and every single 1 on 1 will end up being an opposition mark. To me, this is what happened with Ben Brown last year. Every time he went to the ball, it would basically be a turnover. So Jefferson would not/could not be worse in this regard. But he'd actually be much better at ground level. But yeah, we won't see him for 2 years.

So Jefferson, as you have repeatedly stated, is 'already better than Ben Brown' but we won't see him for two years.

Lol

He won't be playing in the VFL next season with his size at this stage next season

Needs to be in the high 90's for the role we want him to play

So Jefferson, as you have repeatedly stated, is 'already better than Ben Brown' but we won't see him for two years.

Lol
same reason why jvr was already much better than Ben Brown but we persisted with Brown. to the teams detriment.

People joked when I said we needed 6 forwards. Well if Jefferson isn't up to speed then they should agree that we need a few more. if anything it's just confirming what I said initially

(Log in to remove this ad.)

same reason why jvr was already much better than Ben Brown but we persisted with Brown. to the teams detriment.

People joked when I said we needed 6 forwards. Well if Jefferson isn't up to speed then they should agree that we need a few more. if anything it's just confirming what I said initially
It's like you can hold together not being an annoying campaigner for barely a post before you have to unload your dribble again. No one gives a **** about you big upping yourself. No one.

I literally said we need to pick up 6 forwards because maybe only 3 become AFL standard. And then we pick up a forward who some people think won't make the grade and this only further confirms my point lol. Haters gonna hate, then learn to agree.

It's like you can hold together not being an annoying campaigner for barely a post before you have to unload your dribble again. No one gives a * about you big upping yourself. No one.
answer the question yourself. how many key forward do you want on our list? Let's rule out Brown, Schache and Tmac as they're cooked. So we have 1 for the future in JVR. Now we have Jefferson. That's 2 but you said he's a bust so it resets back to 1.

Yeah, because it's not annoying to say that a first round pick at 18 years old is a bust because you've watched some YouTube clips. Back in Jason Taylor. He's generally been very good. Picking out Weideman doesn't change things.

answer the question yourself. how many key forward do you want on our list? Let's rule out Brown, Schache and Tmac as they're cooked. So we have 1 for the future in JVR. Now we have Jefferson. That's 2 but you said he's a bust so it resets back to 1.

Yeah, because it's not annoying to say that a first round pick at 18 years old is a bust because you've watched some YouTube clips. Back in Jason Taylor. He's generally been very good. Picking out Weideman doesn't change things.

How can you rule of Schache?

Player Watch #21: Matthew Jefferson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back