Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't be ****ed going through all of his tweets but at cursory glance it looks like the place was being run by corrupt idiots, he's hardly saying anything different to the others but not making it a partisan circus. It might shock you but politics has always been in bed with the media and corruption has always been rife.

Trump is crooked, the Republicans and Democrats are both dodgy and they have all sold their souls to corporate interests who help them gain or hold power. Conspiracy stuff that is skewed towards one side or the other is probably just more misinformation.

You just have to live your life and not take it too seriously. There is * all you can do about it and the thieving campaigners probably screw other countries to keep our high living standards any way. Live in deliberate ignorance, be happy and do what you can to look after the people that actually matter to you. Otherwise you are fighting windmills.
Will Emerson: Jesus, Seth. Listen, if you really wanna do this with your life you have to believe you're necessary and you are. People wanna live like this in their cars and big ****in' houses they can't even pay for, then you're necessary. The only reason that they all get to continue living like kings is cause we got our fingers on the scales in their favor. I take my hand off and then the whole world gets really ****in' fair really ****in' quickly and nobody actually wants that. They say they do but they don't. They want what we have to give them but they also wanna, you know, play innocent and pretend they have no idea where it came from. Well, thats more hypocrisy than I'm willing to swallow, so **** em. **** normal people. You know, the funny thing is, tomorrow if all of this goes **** up they're gonna crucify us for being too reckless but if we're wrong, and everything gets back on track? Well then, the same people are gonna laugh till they piss their pants cause we're gonna all look like the biggest pussies God ever let through the door.

Margin Call 2011

I can't be ****ed going through all of his tweets but at cursory glance it looks like the place was being run by corrupt idiots, he's hardly saying anything different to the others but not making it a partisan circus. It might shock you but politics has always been in bed with the media and corruption has always been rife.

Trump is crooked, the Republicans and Democrats are both dodgy and they have all sold their souls to corporate interests who help them gain or hold power. Conspiracy stuff that is skewed towards one side or the other is probably just more misinformation.

You just have to live your life and not take it too seriously. There is * all you can do about it and the thieving campaigners probably screw other countries to keep our high living standards any way. Live in deliberate ignorance, be happy and do what you can to look after the people that actually matter to you. Otherwise you are fighting windmills.
Agree with you as usual, aside from the “it might shock you” mansplaining 😘

Great points gringo, except, judging by your many posts on things other than Saints footy, you don't live in ignorance. Neither do many other perceptive posters on this site. You might say you try to live in ignorance but you very clearly don't. Except regarding Saints footy, of course!!

More incompetence:

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 4.45.42 pm.png

I'm sure ScoMo had the best of intentions but they just didn't do the work to make it stand up legally. It wouldn't have even been hard to get some legislation through, it would have looked so arcane and specific that no-one would have even bothered objecting. Instead they messed it up then had to give all the money back.

I think it's important to remember that on all sides of politics they might or might not be corrupt, but basically all of them are incompetent in bigger or smaller ways. Angus Taylor rips off the public through companies obviously connected to him. Dan Andrews awards grants to a union which obviously can't do the job. Matt Guy's chief of staff sticks his nose in the trough clumsily. Eddie Obeid fixes mining leases for his mates.

If these guys were competent we wouldn't ever hear about their corruption, but they're not. We don't elect people for competence, we elect them for the colour of the flag they campaign under. If you're voting Labor or Libs or Greens or Nats without knowing anything about your local candidate, you're part of the problem - may as well vote for a random independent or some other party, at least then a protest will be registered.

More incompetence:

View attachment 1573046

I'm sure ScoMo had the best of intentions but they just didn't do the work to make it stand up legally. It wouldn't have even been hard to get some legislation through, it would have looked so arcane and specific that no-one would have even bothered objecting. Instead they messed it up then had to give all the money back.

I think it's important to remember that on all sides of politics they might or might not be corrupt, but basically all of them are incompetent in bigger or smaller ways. Angus Taylor rips off the public through companies obviously connected to him. Dan Andrews awards grants to a union which obviously can't do the job. Matt Guy's chief of staff sticks his nose in the trough clumsily. Eddie Obeid fixes mining leases for his mates.

If these guys were competent we wouldn't ever hear about their corruption, but they're not. We don't elect people for competence, we elect them for the colour of the flag they campaign under. If you're voting Labor or Libs or Greens or Nats without knowing anything about your local candidate, you're part of the problem - may as well vote for a random independent or some other party, at least then a protest will be registered.
He was so embarrassing as Prime Minister. Incompetent is about the nicest you could be to describe him.
Complete w***er who somehow rose to the top.
Say what you will about Tony Abbott, but at least he showed leadership qualities. Scott Morrison (And Turnbull) was spineless from start to finish.

He was so embarrassing as Prime Minister. Incompetent is about the nicest you could be to describe him.
Say what you will about Tony Abbott, but at least he showed leadership qualities. Scott Morrison (And Turnbull) was spineless from start to finish.
When was the last time we had a PM to legitimately be proud of? Going back a fair way…

How many of you lot collect vinyl records?

I just got back from sorting out my old stuff at my parents home for the first time since my mum died ,and i think i have a hundred and something of them.

Some of them were probably bought second hand, or budget, but some are pretty decent.
Mostly recorded onto Cassette the first time i played them, and cassette used from then on.
I intend to go through and catalog them all.

Can't see myself becoming a vinyl aficionado at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was only one, i'd have been proud if he could do 5 like that. Bet that Trump idiot couldn't do it , even with that lightweight Bud crap they drink.

I'm sure he could have done 5 if he wanted to, he was famous for sculling a yard glass so fast it earned him a spot in the Guinness Book of Records.

Hawke’s reputation as a beer lover began while at Oxford University in the UK. In 1954, he sculled a yard glass (two and a half pints) of beer in just eleven seconds – an achievement that earned him a spot in the Guinness Book of Records.

Plugger35
Dard Ball Get

I see Plugger supports Subiaco, not sure about the WAFL team Dard supports.

When I was across in July, and thoroughly enjoying WA, I stayed in Subiaco, Margaret River and Albany.

But while in Subiaco I was disappointed to see that the old grandstands had been pulled down, with apartments to replace them. Except for the Bob Hawke School at the eastern end. So much history there, particularly given my YouTube feed has enlightened me about how good the WAFL Grand Finals were in the early 80’s.

And while tooling around Perth, I saw that the same thing had happened at Claremont.

To my knowledge, I don’t think the same is true for either of the Freo grounds.

Never got out to Swan Districts nor saw the West and East Perth ovals.

What do you guys think of this?

It seems like you have lost something, and gained very little.

The same might be said about Waverley here, though that ground never had a romantic relationship with any club.

Best Victorian analogy might be the old suburban grounds that are no longer used by clubs (eg: Victoria Park, Glenferrie) but to the best of my knowledge, they aren’t ringed by apartments.

Great points gringo, except, judging by your many posts on things other than Saints footy, you don't live in ignorance. Neither do many other perceptive posters on this site. You might say you try to live in ignorance but you very clearly don't. Except regarding Saints footy, of course!!

Do as I say not as I do. Seriously though, as I've got older I've stopped being as passionate about politics but still can't look away. You can vote for the politicians that you think will be better but getting upset to the point that you'd do something crazy isn't fighting anyone but your own best interests. It's kind of futile and all we have got left is to live the best we can for ourselves and our family and friends and hope some rubs off on others down the line.

The way Twitter and other social media feeds you your own politics back to you and makes the other side look like they have agendas, are stupid and unhinged is extremely dangerous. I have friends with very different politics from each other but they aren't different in any real way. The most passionate ones come across as nutters on both sides. Bad shit goes on in the world, always has and always will, just do things that make you happy and don't worry about what you can't control. That's why footy is ace. It has all the same drama but ends in a few hours and sometimes the little guy wins.

Plugger35
Dard Ball Get

I see Plugger supports Subiaco, not sure about the WAFL team Dard supports.

When I was across in July, and thoroughly enjoying WA, I stayed in Subiaco, Margaret River and Albany.

But while in Subiaco I was disappointed to see that the old grandstands had been pulled down, with apartments to replace them. Except for the Bob Hawke School at the eastern end. So much history there, particularly given my YouTube feed has enlightened me about how good the WAFL Grand Finals were in the early 80’s.

And while tooling around Perth, I saw that the same thing had happened at Claremont.

To my knowledge, I don’t think the same is true for either of the Freo grounds.

Never got out to Swan Districts nor saw the West and East Perth ovals.

What do you guys think of this?

It seems like you have lost something, and gained very little.

The same might be said about Waverley here, though that ground never had a romantic relationship with any club.

Best Victorian analogy might be the old suburban grounds that are no longer used by clubs (eg: Victoria Park, Glenferrie) but to the best of my knowledge, they aren’t ringed by apartments.
Yeah Subiaco suffered when the oval closed, not a real pull there anymore.

I’m an East Freo “supporter” (I have 0 interest in WAFL), but I hear all about how good it was back in the day!

Eagles new training facility looks primo, I haven’t toured it but they’re rolling in cash so it would be top notch.

Always hate seeing history go, but at the same time there’s only so much to be done with dilapidated infrastructure 😂

They all have backers so he ran with a fairly decent religious right backing and the hard right factions. Politics inside the party is just as brutal as the actual political role. I think Turnbull had a good heart but had already lost his army of moderates and was a pretty face for a government that had lost its moderate core.

Trump confused a lot of Liberal power brokers into stepping further right but misread our very middle of the road political attitude in Australia. That Sky news stuff works in the US but we don't like the bullying type of crap that they go with. The Libs need a clean out and a clean up but Labor was stuffed 4 years ago and now look like they haven't got a challenger.

How many of you lot collect vinyl records?

I just got back from sorting out my old stuff at my parents home for the first time since my mum died ,and i think i have a hundred and something of them.

Some of them were probably bought second hand, or budget, but some are pretty decent.
Mostly recorded onto Cassette the first time i played them, and cassette used from then on.
I intend to go through and catalog them all.

Can't see myself becoming a vinyl aficionado at this stage.

Seriously sell them on eBay you'd be surprise how much they'll be worth. Check out Discogs and type in the catalogue numbers on the back of the covers or labels. It gives you a real value. You can sell bulk lots too and often get rid of the lot at once. You could have a few grand worth of vinyl there if they are good albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back