Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do as I say not as I do. Seriously though, as I've got older I've stopped being as passionate about politics but still can't look away. You can vote for the politicians that you think will be better but getting upset to the point that you'd do something crazy isn't fighting anyone but your own best interests. It's kind of futile and all we have got left is to live the best we can for ourselves and our family and friends and hope some rubs off on others down the line.

The way Twitter and other social media feeds you your own politics back to you and makes the other side look like they have agendas, are stupid and unhinged is extremely dangerous. I have friends with very different politics from each other but they aren't different in any real way. The most passionate ones come across as nutters on both sides. Bad s**t goes on in the world, always has and always will, just do things that make you happy and don't worry about what you can't control. That's why footy is ace. It has all the same drama but ends in a few hours and sometimes the little guy wins.

I used to say that in the old Days, every Village had an idiot, and he knew he was an idiot because everyone else told him that every day.
Now on social media, all the idiots find each other and dangerously believe themselves to be normal, or smarter than everyone else.

Do as I say not as I do. Seriously though, as I've got older I've stopped being as passionate about politics but still can't look away. You can vote for the politicians that you think will be better but getting upset to the point that you'd do something crazy isn't fighting anyone but your own best interests. It's kind of futile and all we have got left is to live the best we can for ourselves and our family and friends and hope some rubs off on others down the line.

The way Twitter and other social media feeds you your own politics back to you and makes the other side look like they have agendas, are stupid and unhinged is extremely dangerous. I have friends with very different politics from each other but they aren't different in any real way. The most passionate ones come across as nutters on both sides. Bad s**t goes on in the world, always has and always will, just do things that make you happy and don't worry about what you can't control. That's why footy is ace. It has all the same drama but ends in a few hours and sometimes the little guy wins.
I refer to footy as my religion, I say my religion starts in March and finishes in September simples.

So the seppos are going to remake Peep Show.

You just know that they will * it up.

That just has shit written all over it. The English can make bleak hopeless losers seem appealing. The US not so much.

Seriously sell them on eBay you'd be surprise how much they'll be worth. Check out Discogs and type in the catalogue numbers on the back of the covers or labels. It gives you a real value. You can sell bulk lots too and often get rid of the lot at once. You could have a few grand worth of vinyl there if they are good albums.

Its a mixed bag, just the first few i pull out now and look at.

Hendrix :Electric ladyland ( complete with nudie pics on the cover ) but discount edition, good condition.
Jan Hammer: Escape from Television, good condition, bought from Myers discount bin for $4.00 but its a very good record if you like that stuff.
ELO Out of the Blue, i think i bought second hand.
ELO Greatest Hits.
Eurogliders Good condition.
Music Inspired by Lord of the RIngs, by Bo Hansson , bought second hand from Batman records.
Little River Band - Diamantina Cocktail. Also bought second hand i think.
As Time Goes By - the best of Little Feat
Zeppelin 4 , in really good nick.

Its a mixed bag, just the first few i pull out now and look at.

Hendrix :Electric ladyland ( complete with nudie pics on the cover ) but discount edition, good condition.
Jan Hammer: Escape from Television, good condition, bought from Myers discount bin for $4.00 but its a very good record if you like that stuff.
ELO Out of the Blue, i think i bought second hand.
ELO Greatest Hits.
Eurogliders Good condition.
Music Inspired by Lord of the RIngs, by Bo Hansson , bought second hand from Batman records.
Little River Band - Diamantina Cocktail. Also bought second hand i think.
As Time Goes By - the best of Little Feat
Zeppelin 4 , in really good nick.

Do some research, The Hendrix and Zeppelin will go well and if you chucked then on eBay you'd probably get $50+ each for them. Doesn't matter what you paid. Some copies are rarer than others. I've sold a few Beatles and others for big money. I had a white album that went for about $350 but was an early mono local press. Discogs is good to work out real prices. Condition is everything. eBay actually often gets better prices than Discogs though so chuck a loading on top. If you have a pile of meh records as far as price and quality throw them up as a job lot. You can move lots of hard to sell stuff that way. Usually put one good one in to tempt the buyers.

Do some research, The Hendrix and Zeppelin will go well and if you chucked then on eBay you'd probably get $50+ each for them. Doesn't matter what you paid. Some copies are rarer than others. I've sold a few Beatles and others for big money. I had a white album that went for about $350 but was an early mono local press. Discogs is good to work out real prices. Condition is everything. eBay actually often gets better prices than Discogs though so chuck a loading on top. If you have a pile of meh records as far as price and quality throw them up as a job lot. You can move lots of hard to sell stuff that way. Usually put one good one in to tempt the buyers.

Must be a pain in the arse to ship though.

I'm unlikely to ever play it again, but i kind of feel bad about selling the zep one. I remember buying it and sitting with the headphones on listening while i recorded it onto a metal cassette.

Must be a pain in the arse to ship though.

I'm unlikely to ever play it again, but i kind of feel bad about selling the zep one. I remember buying it and sitting with the headphones on listening while i recorded it onto a metal cassette.

Keep it. It's a cool thing to have. Shipping is expensive but they pay. Just buy a record shipping box or make one out of a box and take it to AusPost. If you sell them on marketplace then people come and take them.

Found out that a chick I used to go to highschool with is now a prostitute, so there's that. We live in a world full of wonder.

Wow , that'd tempt me badly.

Edit. Unless it was one of the skanky ones who picked their nose and had cooties.

Plugger35
Dard Ball Get

I see Plugger supports Subiaco, not sure about the WAFL team Dard supports.

When I was across in July, and thoroughly enjoying WA, I stayed in Subiaco, Margaret River and Albany.

But while in Subiaco I was disappointed to see that the old grandstands had been pulled down, with apartments to replace them. Except for the Bob Hawke School at the eastern end. So much history there, particularly given my YouTube feed has enlightened me about how good the WAFL Grand Finals were in the early 80’s.

And while tooling around Perth, I saw that the same thing had happened at Claremont.

To my knowledge, I don’t think the same is true for either of the Freo grounds.

Never got out to Swan Districts nor saw the West and East Perth ovals.

What do you guys think of this?

It seems like you have lost something, and gained very little.

The same might be said about Waverley here, though that ground never had a romantic relationship with any club.

Best Victorian analogy might be the old suburban grounds that are no longer used by clubs (eg: Victoria Park, Glenferrie) but to the best of my knowledge, they aren’t ringed by apartments.

I've been a Subiaco supporter since I was a kid and spent many Saturdays at Subiaco Oval back in the WAFL glory days even when we were shit.

I have a lot of great memories from going to the footy there, the Subi stewards used to let us go into the changerooms after a rare win to celebrate.

The truth is though it's time was up as a football stadium, even with the renovations there it was still out of date and parking there was a nightmare.

It had to go and Subiaco hadn't been playing home games there for many years before it got knocked down anyway, we play our home games at West Perth's old home ground in Leederville now and West Perth play their home games in Joondalup which is pretty crazy to think about.

So the seppos are going to remake Peep Show.

You just know that they will * it up.

That remake they tried to do with Johnny Galecki from Big Bang Theory was so awful that it didn't get past the pilot stage and never even went to air.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Discogs is great, I cataloged mine a couple years ago. Don't think I'd ever sell but interesting to see how much some of them are worth. Have an old AC/DC Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap vinyl worth a tick over 4 grand because it's some rare type of release.

Discogs is great, I cataloged mine a couple years ago. Don't think I'd ever sell but interesting to see how much some of them are worth. Have an old AC/DC Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap vinyl worth a tick over 4 grand because it's some rare type of release.

Yeah AC/DC records are nuts. Early blue Albert label stuff is insane in good nick.

View attachment 1573238View attachment 1573239

Anyone into gardening, banana tree fruited for the first time (in Melbourne) the little bananas are tasty, got two more flowers now.

Got heaps of tomatoes in, cucmbers, beans, 2 large chilli shrubs in the ground

I grew some of those little bananas in Elwood once. Tasted good. I've chucked some in up in Gippsland but the deers or kangaroos keep eating the leaves off and they aren't going. You've done well to get them to fruit, they are pretty temperamental in vic. Net them before possums get them.

Found out that a chick I used to go to highschool with is now a prostitute, so there's that. We live in a world full of wonder.
I've got no idea what anyone from high school is up to these days. I only talk to my best mate and that's it.

I grew some of those little bananas in Elwood once. Tasted good. I've chucked some in up in Gippsland but the deers or kangaroos keep eating the leaves off and they aren't going. You've done well to get them to fruit, they are pretty temperamental in vic. Net them before possums get them.
Cut them off the tree and them ripen inside
Yeah my .parents got theirs to fruit this year, something about the humid and raining conditions helped them apparently.
Yeah it started to flower around march when he had humid weather, now just got two more recently

I've got no idea what anyone from high school is up to these days. I only talk to my best mate and that's it.

My high school in WA folded about 20 years ago and is now a residential college. we can't even have a reunion unless we enrol in a residential college.

Our colours were red, white and black and our footy team wore St Kilda jumpers, it's one of the reasons I support St Kilda, so which high school is it?

Yeah AC/DC records are nuts. Early blue Albert label stuff is insane in good nick.

Its interesting which ones are worth more than others.
So far the best i've found that i have is Queen's "Hot Space" around $40 an all synth album that wasn't real popular at the time.

Its interesting which ones are worth more than others.
So far the best i've found that i have is Queen's "Hot Space" around $40 an all synth album that wasn't real popular at the time.

Queen records are always pretty in demand. The classic stuff and big bands are usually worth a lot more on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back