Training Training Thread 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Will provide an more in-depth write up a bit later today.

Phone battery running low.

Saw on Twitter that there was some media presence from 7 News. Mark Stevens there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We are all waiting 🤣

Will provide an more in-depth write up a bit later today.

Phone battery running low.

Saw on Twitter that there was some media presence from 7 News. Mark Stevens there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Looking Youngboy Never Broke Again GIF by The Kid LAROI.

Sorry for the intrusion. Do people think this is the year that Xerri takes over? Or still gonna be stuck behind goldy.
Keep this on the down-low, but he’s being set for a big year on the wing. He’s taken his fitness to another level so expect 25+ touches at 90% efficiency, 8 marks and four or five tackles per game. Think Isaac Smith but taller..

You would be mad not to lock him into your Supercoach side for all 22 games plus finals.

Keep this on the down-low, but he’s being set for a big year on the wing. He’s taken his fitness to another level so expect 25+ touches at 90% efficiency, 8 marks and four or five tackles per game. Think Isaac Smith but taller..

You would be mad not to lock him into your Supercoach side for all 22 games plus finals.
your nose is growing Pinocchio....

Sorry for the intrusion. Do people think this is the year that Xerri takes over? Or still gonna be stuck behind goldy.
I'll give you a serious answer. At this stage, Goldy is starting as the primary ruck, but Xerri has trained really well this off-season and should be in contention if Goldy's form drops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You get picked up by Richmond VFLW?
Nah not them haha, I’ve got my first praccy match there against Port Melbourne (Richmond’s VFLW team)

I hope to replicate the bull lol

Nah not them haha, I’ve got my first praccy match there against Port Melbourne (Richmond’s VFLW team)

I hope to replicate the bull lol
What team took you?

It's mostly been a feel-good preseason with everyone doing well and plenty of reasons to be positive for the start of the season (TT aside obviously). But at what point is the continual absence of Logue and Corr from the main group and match sim become an issue? Yes, they aren't seriously injured and are doing a lot on the track, but aren't in the main group and therefore aren't participating in drills and match play that allows players to gel with one another. We are now at the point where the first practice match is basically 3 weeks away and 2 out of our 3 tall defenders haven't trained together yet

It's mostly been a feel-good preseason with everyone doing well and plenty of reasons to be positive for the start of the season (TT aside obviously). But at what point is the continual absence of Logue and Corr from the main group and match sim become an issue? Yes, they aren't seriously injured and are doing a lot on the track, but aren't in the main group and therefore aren't participating in drills and match play that allows players to gel with one another. We are now at the point where the first practice match is basically 3 weeks away and 2 out of our 3 tall defenders haven't trained together yet
Yeah, not ideal.

Logue will be such a handy inclusion when he comes in though.
That’s something I’m looking forward to this season.

You mean to say he won’t start the season as the 3rd ruck option?
Without watching a lick of pre season. As it stands today for mine:

Preferred likely setup:
Goldy primary ruck
Comben forward (minimal ruck relief)
Xerri / CCJ a coin toss depending on how each of the latter are going.

If Goldy is injured Xerri is the only primary option IMO, would need more relief from CCJ though.

None of the above includes whatisname from WA because I haven't seen him fart in anger but he would have a fair shake at it if he had form. None of the others are even close to a lock at the moment. All as of today, who knows what they will show this pre season...

Logue was in full training yesterday and looked very good. His kicking in a few end-to-end drills stood out.
He's a huge in for us. A full season out of him and McKay literally is like a brand new backline base.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training Thread 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back