Training Training Thread 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry if ive missed the chat but with thomas away will hall go back to the half back role or will we try someone else and hall be in the vfl and be a break glass incase of emergency

sorry if ive missed the chat but with thomas away will hall go back to the half back role or will we try someone else and hall be in the vfl and be a break glass incase of emergency

Hard to say. We’ve used Hall, Thomas, Perez, Goater, Howe, Ziebell , Drury , Bonar and McDonald at various stages in the “A” team. Not sure if Thomas was even going to be first cab of the rank tbh.

Id hold fire on Thomas not playing round one. There’s alot that can change between now and the start of the season.

Id hold fire on Thomas not playing round one. There’s alot that can change between now and the start of the season.

I hate to say it, Val, but at the rate things are escalating, there’s almost a better chance of Tarryn being in the slammer for R1 than him playing R1. I hope not but everything just seems to be spiralling out of control. At this stage, it seems it would have been better for Tarryn if the club and AFL had blown the lid on him last year. He would have had a better chance to sort himself out. That’s 20/20 hindsight, though. In reality, I would have gone down the exact same road as the club and the AFL. At the end of the day, an employer has to support their employee as best they can. Also, they have to be prepared to face up to the recriminations that will eventuate as a result of those decisions. From my perspective, where the AFL and North fell down was not adequately supporting and caring for the aggrieved women.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hate to say it, Val, but at the rate things are escalating, there’s almost a better chance of Tarryn being in the slammer for R1 than him playing R1. I hope not but everything just seems to be spiralling out of control. At this stage, it seems it would have been better for Tarryn if the club and AFL had blown the lid on him last year. He would have had a better chance to sort himself out. That’s 20/20 hindsight, though. In reality, I would have gone down the exact same road as the club and the AFL. At the end of the day, an employer has to support their employee as best they can. Also, they have to be prepared to face up to the recriminations that will eventuate as a result of those decisions. From my perspective, where the AFL and North fell down was not adequately supporting and caring for the aggrieved women.

Lol round 1? I don’t think he was ever playing round 1 once he was charged and the court case was end of march.

Best case for him would be mid year. And that’s unlikely

It’s a long time between now and rd 1, and as bad as Thomas’ behaviour has been I doubt hell even end up in front on the magistrate, let alone in prison.

Possibly its irrelevant, but... things don't seem to be escalating in a criminal sense, even though the allegations are growing in number and forming consistency?
The AFL, the club and VicPol knew about all the cases in the original Hun report and still the only criminal charge that's been laid was about the revenge pr0n incident.
It was only when one additional woman came forward with claims that were broadly consistent with the ****wittery being alleged in the original report that he was stood down while its being investigated.

Scott and Shiels/Howe on the wings while we seemingly have Hall, Goater, Perez, Young and Archer all jostling for a spot at half back leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I know wing is a tough position to play but it feels like a far from optimal distribution of talent atm. Hopefully things balance up a bit more as the season draws nearer

Scott and Shiels/Howe on the wings while we seemingly have Hall, Goater, Perez, Young and Archer all jostling for a spot at half back leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I know wing is a tough position to play but it feels like a far from optimal distribution of talent atm. Hopefully things balance up a bit more as the season draws nearer
taylor and powell on the wings to solve that issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott’s rightfully got a mortgage on 1 wing, potentially long term. Shiels is on borrowed time. Taylor and Lazzaro have spent large chunks on the wing in training as well.

taylor and powell on the wings to solve that issue
If TT isn’t playing then I wouldn’t be surprised if Clarko puts Powell in that back role instead. Appears to be an important role for the “whirlpool” to work and would need a fast decision maker.

Who else can handle it? Archer still too green.

If TT isn’t playing then I wouldn’t be surprised if Clarko puts Powell in that back role instead. Appears to be an important role for the “whirlpool” to work and would need a fast decision maker.

Who else can handle it? Archer still too green.

Powell would need to start getting some reps through there in training starting tomorrow.

Young, Ziebell, Perez, Goater, Hall, Dawson and Drury have been getting most of the work with the “A” team in training so far. Corr has barely set foot on the track yet, so you’d think they’ll be in contention for the spots with McDonald, McKay and Logue.

Scott’s rightfully got a mortgage on 1 wing, potentially long term. Shiels is on borrowed time. Taylor and Lazzaro have spent large chunks on the wing in training as well.
Mmm. Lazz just doesn't seem that good at anything in particular. Great lad, but for every position he could potentially play in I think we all have others we'd prefer. He could surprise everyone though. I've already reached the broken record stage harping on about my preferred position for Taylor, so I won't say any more there. Obviously the coaches are very thorough with this stuff, but at bare minimum, putting Hall on a wing rather than having him fight it out with the gang of prospective half back flankers seems like a bit of a no brainer

happy to shout a round for all track watchers who can provide a report of todays proceedings.

I wonder what Micks thoughts are of our training standards now, he told a mate of mine last year that “It was the worst he’d seen at an AFL club“.
This is what Mick thinks.

So much better Robin. Attention to the detail the best I’ve seen. The little things matter, & Clarko has the team training them. Eg. Standing the mark. They are training scenarios that occur in games. It creates the right habits so players will revert to them when under pressure

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training Thread 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back