Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:

It's a no brainer that the FC needs a ready made KPF

Out of contract 2024:
Taberner - Needs a change, has a decent size and good kick at goal
B King - Can improve his size but would be better than we have
Marshall - Still raw and would be in our best 22
Membrey - On the outer at St K

It's a no brainer that the FC needs a ready made KPF

Out of contract 2024:
Taberner - Needs a change, has a decent size and good kick at goal
B King - Can improve his size but would be better than we have
Marshall - Still raw and would be in our best 22
Membrey - On the outer at St K

• Taberner is a below average AFL key forward.
  • Membrey has been good in patches but is now 30yo and only 188cm. Things don’t get better for him from here.
  • Marshall’s goals/games average is 0.5. His highest season goal tally is a paltry 13. He’s got 1 goal this year from 13 games. He’s a pure ruckman who would not get a game ahead of Gawn/Grundy in our best 22.
  • B. King would be amazing but you’d have to give up 3 decent first rounders or one of Petracca or Oliver to get him. No thanks.
Naughton is the one for me. They simply cannot accommodate a forward line of him, Jamarra, Lobb and Darcy the Dogs. One of them needs to go for team balance and Naughton looks the most vulnerable contractually (2024). Would be a wonderful addition to our side but will cost us. If May was valued pick 5 in trade it would be something in that vicinity (5-7) or possibly two later first round picks, say 8 & 14. As a long-term partner in attack with Van Rooyen he’d be well worth it.

Last edited:
  • Taberner is a below average AFL key forward.
  • Membrey has been good in patches but is now 30yo and only 188cm. Things don’t get better for him from here.
  • Marshall’s goals/games average is 0.5. His highest season goal tally is a paltry 13. He’s got 1 goal this year from 13 games. He’s a pure ruckman who would not get a game ahead of Gawn/Grundy in our best 22.
  • B. King would be amazing but you’d have to give up 3 decent first rounders or one of Petracca or Oliver to get him. No thanks.
Naughton is the one for me. They simply cannot balance a forward line of him, Jamarra, Lobb and Darcy the Dogs. One of them needs to go for team balance and Naughton looks the most vulnerable contractually (2024). Would be a wonderful addition to our side but will cost us. If May was valued pick 5 in trade it would be something in that vicinity (5-7) or possibly two later first round picks, say 8 & 14. As a long-term partner in attack with Van Rooyen he’d be well worth it.

Sorry mate I meant Marshall from Port Adelaide

I agree with all you have said

Naughton would be a steal but the reality of it happening without giving up someone decent. Plus he is from WA so WC would have $$$ to burn on him

If we could flip Oskar Baker for Lachie Hunter then surely the Bullies will bite if we pitch them a Tmac/Naughton swap!

Sorry mate I meant Marshall from Port Adelaide

I agree with all you have said

Naughton would be a steal but the reality of it happening without giving up someone decent. Plus he is from WA so WC would have $$$ to burn on him

If he were to choose West Coast he can get used to losing 3 out of 4 weeks, wave goodbye to finals for at least 4-5 years and probably never play in another GF in his career.

That’s a hard sell even at 50% more money.

Freo maybe but they just spent most of their draft/trade petrol tickets on Dogga Jackson.

Goals per game in 2023:

Aaron Naughton - 1.9
Ben Brown - 3.0

I think we know where the answer REALLY is....

any one who watches Casey will think our depth is not so great . Think we need another key defender at least , and not turning a winger into one . I see turner as closer to lever than May .
I think we need tall's, generally.

We need a tall key defender kid. A physical stopper who is mobile and skilled.
And we need another young tall forward. 199cms+... mobile & a strong overhead mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best available with the first round picks please. I'd rather have another Fritsch than a key position spud like Jack Watts just because we need another big forward. Best available and continue focus on footy smarts.

If you ever needed evidence that some footy journos have no idea, or at least live years in the past, listen to Cornes’ take on TMac.

Pretty clearly just pulling something out of his arse for content.

I will say I'm pretty surprised we have decent cap room to play with. Wouldn't have thought that considering the big deals we've been signing over the past couple of years but I guess long term deals generally mean you can pay players less on average.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't go after some midfielders though. It's probably the greatest area of need for both now and the near future.

I will say I'm pretty surprised we have decent cap room to play with. Wouldn't have thought that considering the big deals we've been signing over the past couple of years but I guess long term deals generally mean you can pay players less on average.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't go after some midfielders though. It's probably the greatest area of need for both now and the near future.

Guys like Gawn and May should be on much less than their peak, Grundy reportedly took a paycut plus pies paying some of his wage still. With brown and TMac gone end of next year we can probably backload a contract pretty hard if we want to.

Wouldn’t be trading or using FA for mids. If we have cap space, use it on a KPP at either end who can help us now.

Our midfield has more than enough about it in terms of experience. Spend the picks on young mids and break them in.

Let’s concentrate on the now and the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back