Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:
I voted all matches just off grades, didnt vote for DA once :$ (I must say DA's write up game was the best but this didnt come into consideration for me though). No offence to anyone but this is how I graded them just for a matter of interest

Screen Shot 2024-08-06 at 8.03.57 pm.png

Well, I gave scythe bad marks for team structure in my grades, (think it was the worst in the comp) and he was still rated the best with me.
Whooped my team so maybe I'm just sour :$

Imacelebrityau GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

I voted all matches just off grades, didnt vote for DA once :$ (I must say DA's write up game was the best but this didnt come into consideration for me though). No offence to anyone but this is how I graded them just for a matter of interest

View attachment 2088325
Only 20 points between the top and bottom!

"If people haven't realised how even the comp is; they need to watch more board drafts."

Only 20 points between the top and bottom!

"If people haven't realised how even the comp is; they need to watch more board drafts."
1723605010078-png.2078967

To give you an idea though of how fine the margins were with me % wise the highest scoring person had a 188.5 score, top 7 185, so less than 2% separating the top 7, only ~12% separating the entire comp.

Simon Goodwin says: "if people havent worked out how tight the competition is yet.... they need to watch more footy"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tactic was save legends Ben Brown, Jack Watts and Thomas Bugg for the last 3 picks and it worked pretty well.

Some room for improvement overall.

I picked a lot of guys who were drafted early 90s so wasn't sure if that would be a disadvantage. Ended up working. Other thing was having two picks in a row I tried to thin out positions and double up. Did it with key backs, key forwards, wings and small forwards.
And it didn't go unnoticed. :madv1:

Congrats, Demon Attack - I had your team as the best team in it, so good result IMO!

And, of course, thank you again to the wonderful Scythe94 for some truly terrific (and, no doubt, time-consuming) work over the last however many weeks. Bravo!

I reckon every team drafted here would smoke that soyboy AA team they came up with.
Too many modern players in the 2024 team for my liking!

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back