Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

And get rid of challenge accepted.

Maybe partner with the brand new era and use that as the slogan
How does this sound

“About ****ing time”

I had my “rise up” plates on my previous car. Didn’t put them on the new one for several reasons, including they would clash. But the number of times people would see those rise up Gold Coast Suns number plates and have a giggle let’s just say I’m glad they’re now in the cupboard

Completely changing your branding is expensive and takes a while, if they change it it won't be this year because there are lots of other things to worry about first but could happen after that if the club feel its holding them back once they get some success on field.

Baby steps. Start with the ridiculous statement challenge accepted

Baby steps. Start with the ridiculous statement challenge accepted
America Wait GIF

It's fine i've sorted our slogan for 2024.

Completely changing your branding is expensive and takes a while, if they change it it won't be this year because there are lots of other things to worry about first but could happen after that if the club feel its holding them back once they get some success on field.

They already had a working group that was looking into branding when I spoke to Mark Evans earlier this year.

View attachment 1786858
Thought that maybe a 'sunset on the beach' idea could work...
I like the concept of a sunset. I’ve seen a few around that have tried the skyline/beach kind of vibe, and it’s a fitting theme. Just hard to pull off. Our colours are tough.

I’d probably try a smaller bar for the yellow sand, then more blue above (maybe even a nod to the old wave or have it be a waved line) for the sea.

I think we do need a logo. Maybe just a simple golden sun emblem in the middle, with the top half a red.

To be honest, I just love our Indigenous kits with the Sun clearly visible as a logo. Just embrace the emblem in the art style rather than those awful GC letters. And if we must have the letters, do it how other team do them—in some interesting way…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a logo of a wave and then being called the suns, it's not adding up. Designs are cool though
Trying to capture the essence of the Coast and represent an identity.
Suns has a double play on words - "Sons" and "Suns" implying the beach/lifestyle. The Wave extends that identity in my mind. Plus a more easily branded logo shape.

Crows are an extension of the SA "Croweaters" identity of State of Origin.
Port Adelaide "Power" isnt really a mascot.
Fremantle "Dockers" isnt displayed on the Freo guernsey, more so purple waves in the form of a V.
Sydney Swans have their Opera House identity despite being the Swans.

What is displayed on the Guernsey can be an extension of the City's identity, or the clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back