Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

My son played on him twice this year. Just my opinion but I can't believe he's All Australian.
Good luck to him
It’s in the name.
I just watched the under 17s grand final replay and gee he looks an exciting prospect I thought.
Very good game I thought with some promising talent for both the Lions and Suns zones.

2023 - Jed Walter (U18 AA), Ethan Read (U18 AA), Jake Rogers (U18 AA)
2024 - Leonardo Lombard ('22 U16 AA), Caleb Nancarrow ('22 U16 AA)
2025 - Beau Addinsall (U16 AA), Jai Murray (U16 AA), Zeke Uwland (U16 AA), Dylan Patterson (U16 AA), Kalani White (U16 AA)
2026 - Jackson Jarvis (U15 AA)
2027 - Taj Murray (U15 AA)
Update on our AA academy players:

Jed Walter - Last played for the Allies in July. Currently in cotton wool. Slam dunk top 2 pick this year.
Ethan Read - Last played for our VFL team in mid-August.
Jake Rogers - Last played for our VFL team in mid-August.

Leonardo Lombard - Last played for Broadbeach in the QAFL seniors semi final on Saturday.
Caleb Nancarrow - Last played for Queensland U17 team in mid-August. Will he play for Oakleigh in their finals campaign?

Beau Addinsall - Last played for Broadbeach in the QAFL colts semi final on Saturday.
Jai Murray - Last played for Broadbeach in the QAFL colts semi final on Saturday.
Zeke Uwland - Last played for Burleigh in the QFA seniors preliminary final on Saturday.
Dylan Patterson - Last played for PBC in the QAFL seniors elimination final last week.
Kalani White - Last played for Broadbeach in the U17s grand final on Saturday.

Jackson Jarvis - Last played for PBC in the U15s elimination final in late August.
(special mention) Archie Hill - - Last played for Broadbeach in the U17s grand final on Saturday.

Taj Murray - Last played for Burleigh in the U15s grand final on Saturday.

Seems like most of our AA juniors have been involved in their respective finals series and perhaps most encouraging is that three of our five U16 AAs competed in the QAFL senior finals series. Several of the younger ones have also played in premierships this year including Kalani White (U17s flag) & Archie Hill (U17s flag). Very encouraging results.

Further, looking at last year's U12's and this year's U12's, there are some familiar surnames.

2028 = Harry Cloke (Possibly Jason's son) and Jordan Kaesler. (Possibly Tate's son.)
2029 = Carey Hill. (Maybe Archie's brother) and Kai White. (Maybe one of Jeff's sons and Kalani's brother.)

Last edited:
Further, looking at last year's U12's and this year's U12's, there are some familiar surnames.

2028 = Harry Cloke (Possibly Jason's son) and Jordan Kaesler. (Possibly Tate's son.)
2029 = Carey Hill. (Maybe Archie's brother) and Kai White. (Maybe one of Jeff's sons and Kalani's brother.)
Good luck if you can work out what 12 year olds are going to be good. Lots of man child’s out there!

Good luck if you can work out what 12 year olds are going to be good. Lots of man child’s out there!

No doubting that.

Just thought I'd pluck names of familiarity to this board.

With last year's, this year's and next year's U12's, it'll be interesting to see who to add for 2028, 2029 and 2030 plus 2031 if there are any 2024 under age players in the next few years.

I'm sure familiar names are going to become more and more common in our academy as we grow as a city over the next decade and more notable people continue to relocate here to raise their young families. I know we're all going to be keeping an eye on a particular junior that we all hope will be our club's first ever father-son pick in Kai Rischitelli who will likely play some U12s footy next year as a bottom ager and one of his teammates also happens to be another son of a former Sun and that's Harrison Malceski. Hopefully both are invited to take part in our U12s academy intake next year.

You love to see it! When was the last time we had a set of brother on our list at the same time? Would it have been the Abletts?

Correct.

Come 2028, there might be 3 overall brothers if Kai Addinsall is good enough for the picking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Academy overager Taine Dawson picks up the QAFL Rising Star
754710594d5fd3976abac7e1fc075f99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A few of our academy boys to keep an eye on this weekend in the QAFL Colts GF between Broadbeach and Maroochydore. It looks like Beau Addinsall, Jai Murray, Joe Kennedy, Finlay Gray and Max Hudson will all play for Broady in the QAFL Colts GF.

A few of our academy boys to keep an eye on this weekend in the QAFL Colts GF between Broadbeach and Maroochydore. It looks like Beau Addinsall, Jai Murray, Joe Kennedy, Finlay Gray and Max Hudson will all play for Broady in the QAFL Colts GF.

I wish GC. Palmy defeated Broady in the prelim last week by a couple of points in a cracking standard game

I wish GC. Palmy defeated Broady in the prelim last week by a couple of points in a cracking standard game
Haha I misread the result. That's a shame but I guess there are still a few academy players from Palmy anyway.

I wonder if Broady will be tempted to play Addinsall / Murray in their QAFL Reserves GF now that the Colts have been knocked out?

Haha I misread the result. That's a shame but I guess there are still a few academy players from Palmy anyway.

I wonder if Broady will be tempted to play Addinsall / Murray in their QAFL Reserves GF now that the Colts have been knocked out?

Neither have played reserve grade this year, so I would be surprised if they were named. Addinsall also nursing ribs from last Saturday’s loss v Palmy.

I believe Zanker-Close, Lombard and Dawson have all qualified and will drop back into the Ressies GF team, now that Broady seniors are out of the running.

Neither have played reserve grade this year, so I would be surprised if they were named. Addinsall also nursing ribs from last Saturday’s loss v Palmy.

I believe Zanker-Close, Lombard and Dawson have all qualified and will drop back into the Ressies GF team, now that Broady seniors are out of the running.
That's exciting! Lombard in particular will be one we're all keeping an eye on. It's been a big season for Leo having made his VFL debut for our ressies just a few weeks ago, playing for the victorious Allies team as a bottom ager, taking part in our academy series as a bottom ager, playing close to half the QAFL seniors season for Broady, competing in his first QAFL seniors finals series with Broady, representing the Queensland U17s team a few weeks ago and now he gets a shot at a QAFL reserves premiership. It was also announced earlier today that Lombard will take part in the U17 Future Stars game on AFL Grand Final day later this month:

Keep in mind, Lombard played predominantly for the Burleigh U16s last year so not only has he switched clubs and adjusted to senior footy at two separate levels, but he's also done all this while completing Year 11 and participating in Varsity College's AFL ASPIRE program. Unreal year for Leo and we all hope he continues to develop on the same trajectory in his 2024 draft year.

Broadbeach reserves lost their grand final to aspley… I caught most of the stream. Standout performers for Broadbeach were Academy players Cooper Hynes, a hard runner all day taking strong marks overhead and using the ball well by foot… he is a 2006 born player and could be in for a big year next year possibly sliding under the radar. Taine dawson was good in the ruck. Both Taine and Cooper were named in the best players on the day and Cooper just turning 17 years old playing against men and playing good footy is a good sign for his future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back