No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come? Umpies or just not that good?
Weak era in my opinion, if you look at when Richmond were winning flags, back when the game was the game, before the stand rule, the best won 3 flags in 4 years only losing to the flu in 2018. Now look at this new game, and the teams that have won the flags, first it was Melbourne who everyone thought was embarking on a dynasty when the reality was that Footscray imploded in that GF (lol 2 straight set exists since winning the flag). Then it was Geelong (Richmond's finals bunny) the oldest team to ever win a flag, and lol where were they this season? And then you have this season, if Collingwood win it, it will be embarrassing for the game, because they are sh*t, lol top team all year, and with their 19th man in a PF at the 'G after a week off, only beat the travelling for the whole finals series GWS, by 1pt. Since 2021 the game is a joke.

The game is worse shape now than when Richmond were winning flags and no one is saying anything, and in my opinion that proves what the stand rule was all about. It was never about improving the game, and it definitely wasn't about increasing the scoring by taking some pressure out of the game.

if its carl coll im going for pies
Missus extended family is Carlton. All going overseas together after the GF. Would be gold. Whole heap of campaigners that never go footy, don’t know half the players in their own team hanging shit on each other 😂😂😂

What an amazing game that was, crowd was insane. Game was insane.

It does appear though that the head is no longer considered part of a high tackle. I lost count of the amount of times players were hit in the head and not given free's. Both sides. There were also numerous times in the backs were not called, especially when dealing with unrealistic marking attempts. How much they "let the game go" was akin to 80s footy

Was stoked to see Hogan perform tonight. I was really keen for us to go after him when he was available, i thought he was the perfect age and style to replace Jack when he retired to overlap with Lynch for another 5 years. Not much about tonight has changed my mind on that, what a different team we could have looked like moving forward. He really stood up tonight & after a rough few years, he is getting right back to the elite talent he was in his time at Melbourne. "Young Hogan" was an incredible talent i thought, he couldn't get it all together all the time - but when he was on he was unstoppable.

Was tough watching Markov running around out there too. He always was a really reliable balanced, rebounding defender and they are what you want when operating a structured / formation based defence

Last edited:
Can also tackle around the legs and do ankle taps now apparently.:$

The missed trip was bonkers, His leg stretch like Elasto-man and their was an arm hanging on his foot:tearsofjoy:

I didn't find the umpiring to be biased, but just umpired in a way that was more to 80's footy sensibility than modern footy. Which is bizarre. The league spends the entire year preaching player protection, yet come the finals time they make them play in totally modified, brutal interpretations that were pretty dangerous at times. They clearly have been told to umpire that way, it happens literally every year. It was almost like our secret salt in our dynasty - we always peaked in the finals because the rules changed on our favour. The bullshit technical free kicks they called against us in the H&A they wouldn't dare call in the finals. Our finals Umpiring F & A over the dynasty era of finals Vs H&A differentials were almost reversed from memory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weak era in my opinion, if you look at when Richmond were winning flags, back when the game was the game, before the stand rule, the best won 3 flags in 4 years only losing to the flu in 2018. Now look at this new game, and the teams that have won the flags, first it was Melbourne who everyone thought was embarking on a dynasty when the reality was that Footscray imploded in that GF (lol 2 straight set exists since winning the flag). Then it was Geelong (Richmond's finals bunny) the oldest team to ever win a flag, and lol where were they this season? And then you have this season, if Collingwood win it, it will be embarrassing for the game, because they are sh*t, lol top team all year, and with their 19th man in a PF at the 'G after a week off, only beat the travelling for the whole finals series GWS, by 1pt. Since 2021 the game is a joke.

The game is worse shape now than when Richmond were winning flags and no one is saying anything, and in my opinion that proves what the stand rule was all about. It was never about improving the game, and it definitely wasn't about increasing the scoring by taking some pressure out of the game.
its rigged

before the corrupt stand rule era no team that finished top ever won the flag. it was a curse to finish top

now all of a sudden shemans, scats and now pies are winning 3 years in a row from top spot

gtfo outta here

And they call it an epic now too

The VFL, AFL been changing rules forever. In the 60s, 70s..centre square gets invented. Out on the full. Etc etc 1umpire to 4.

North Melbourne Allen Aylett head of the VFL decides the 10 year rule. Next year North win the flag.

We won 2 more flags in Gerard Whateley's state of game crisis rule changes.
Tested in one VFL game and claimed a success.
Laughable.

Demetriou said that his aim was to deprive other sporting codes of media oxygen. So like they say the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

2021 RFC didn't adapt its high free kick against style and the 50 penalties hurt. We lost Dusty for the first time ever.
COVID soft cap cuts and meant we lost outstanding asst coaches
Exacerbated by the 100k fine for breaches on the Goldie.
We scrape into the 8 in 2022 but we have played poorly since 2020.

A fit Lynch and kosi IN.. New coach. Hopefully we replicate 23 GWS.

Groupie is right.
Imagine how many GF appearances we'd make with umpie umpiring?
Makes sense why they lose the big one when umpires try to be more neutral.
Gil in his office throwing up 100 dollar notes lighting a Cuban cigar on the phone to Eddie.
"We did it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back