Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes it pays not to spend too much time on this site. Was a little worried there for a time. For those not here for the last hour, ignorance is bliss!
l heard it on SEN but had to get on here to see if it was official or not...:D

if he can manage 20plus games a season that's all i want to see

and it's not so much called it but it is laughable that everyone at the time did not factor in the injury prone nature and questioned anyone who did

Whilst your posting is ridiculous I have to agree with you here, he is injury prone as ****! We can't ignore that.

But im hoping so so much that he's getting all these out of the way early on for a lengthy career with North 💙

if he can manage 20plus games a season that's all i want to see

and it's not so much called it but it is laughable that everyone at the time did not factor in the injury prone nature and questioned anyone who did
I enjoy your posting mate but you understand Wardlaw would've been taken on a risk-reward basis?

We didn't draft a guy with hamstring issues in the hope he could one day reach Will Sierakowski levels.

I enjoy your posting mate but you understand Wardlaw would've been taken on a risk-reward basis?

We didn't draft a guy with hamstring issues in the hope he could one day reach Will Sierakowski levels.
Of course
But my point at the time was it wasn’t worth the risk

And I’m usually one open to risks

Of course

Fair enough. I see it differently, he's a potential league top 10 player if he can get on the park enough so that balances the risk. The guy was manhandling Luke Parker in his 2nd game or close enough, that's insane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course

Wardlaw not worth the risk? WTF?!?!

You are going to overlook a game changing mid for a vanilla wing/flanker?

Its like calling Geelong stupid for drafting multiple premiership winning Captain Joel Selwood because of his pre draft injury concerns.

Selecting a player like Wardlaw who can change the trajectory of your club is definitely worth the risk.

The kid will cop his injuries because he has a manic attack in the contest, but that’s what you are going to get. As his body builds the injuries should hopefully become lesser and lesser.

Last edited:
He is a young man that hasn't fully developed his body. He probably needs to work on his stabilisation muscles and tendons and ensure they can take the increased workload. This isn't too uncommon and as long as our conditioning staff are on the ball, should only be a temporary thing.

Is that the Bigfooty S&C alarm I hear?

Wardlaw not worth the risk? WTF?!?!

You are going to overlook a game changing mid for a vanilla wing/flanker?

It a like calling Geelong stupid for drafting multiple premiership winning Captain Joel Selwood because of his pre draft injury concerns.

Selecting a player like Wardlaw who can change the trajectory of your club is definitely worth the risk.

The kid will cop his injuries because he has a manic attack in the contest, but that’s what you are going to get. As his body builds the injuries should hopefully become lesser and lesser.
The same amount of injuries will occur, they'll just be inflicted on the opposition and opposition supporters!!

Other than the George scare, did anything else happen at training?

Was Corr, LMac, Comben, Scott, Ford training?

expecting a full medical report to be realised about this...transparency
Only Jacko and Hamish Free were training away doing running.

Chatted to Eddie after the session and said was his first full session and felt good.

Lmac and Bails I believe trained fully

Comben and Corr looked to me on majority minutes

No other concerns aside from George (Wardlaw)

Side note, gee we have an impressive group of young men. 18, 19, 20yos and were all more than happy to chat to my 5yo who was beside himself with excitement. Kudos guys, that’s why I love our club.

Side note, gee we have an impressive group of young men. 18, 19, 20yos and were all more than happy to chat to my 5yo who was beside himself with excitement. Kudos guys, that’s why I love our club.

Oh yeah this is absolutely true. If you've got young kids who want to meet the players and have a chat, don't bother with gamedays or even the organised 'family day' events - take a morning off and take them to a training session.

After training is an absolute gold-mine of interactions between the players and the kids.

1709100766282.png

Whilst we are all applying our BF phd in medicine and sports science, my thesis is that it is wind drag and he needs some kind of stabilisation to more efficiently cut through wind resistance. I propose he wear this to assist hin:

1709133367281.png

Whilst we are all applying our BF phd in medicine and sports science, my thesis is that it is wind drag and he needs some kind of stabilisation to more efficiently cut through wind resistance. I propose he wear this to assist hin:

View attachment 1915784
Preventing wind drag is the real reason for kangalotto

I have a medical question. I have a dog that has started limping so should I put the mutt down or take the thorn out of his paw?

The old pretend dog limp? “Oh my hind leg is sore, it’s falling off, better lift it for a while”

Nekminit sprinting to try and destroy that sparrow

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back