Preview Round 13 vs eagles Saturday 4:35 in WA after the bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I alone in seeing real upside in the fact that Wil Dawson has continued to hold his place in the team? What has impressed me most is his calmness when he has ball in hand (not very often, I know). The more games he can string together, the better for his future. I believe there is an argument to be made that he is our best result for this season, thus far. Calling for him to be dropped is self-defeating, in my view. Already, he has proven himself to be calm and he possesses a good kick. On top of that, he has shown great resilience. He got walloped early in his first game and he just brushed it off. When we consider our recent history with our big men, this is a huge result. Already, he’s achieved more in his first half-season than McKay/Durdin did in their first two years.
Nothing like a high bar for comparison

How many intercept marks are we going to see this weekend vs the Weagles ?
Barass & McGovern will be licking their lips in anticipation…
Record number coming up no doubt .
Hopefully, not, Ross. Our season so far would suggest you’re on the money. However, we really have to start making progress on all fronts at this stage. The extra height “should” translate to more support for Larkey. The return of Simpkin “should” result in more competitiveness around the ground. “Should” needs to become “will” and “is”, though.

*Butcher Scott

And it’s time to stop playing shiels, just pump games into wilphil instead of a bloke going into our recruiting team at years end
We’re not good enough yet to drop Bailey, N - in my opinion. Right now, dropping Bailey would result in even bigger losses…

Hopefully, not, Ross. Our season so far would suggest you’re on the money. However, we really have to start making progress on all fronts at this stage. The extra height “should” translate to more support for Larkey. The return of Simpkin “should” result in more competitiveness around the ground. “Should” needs to become “will” and “is”, though.
I actually thought that this is one of the most balanced (on paper) sides we have had since 2019.

We have chipped away at the glut of HFs we usually play and replaced them with structure and run:

A bunch of players that (while they may not be world beaters) will be clocking 12-14kms on the large subi oval.

Add to that a few extra players providing marking power and we might actually be able to play to some of our strengths.

It’s ironic first in ages we pick a side with much needed extra height & the weather in Perth is rain 🌧️ 🤦‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butcher bailey played wing last few games and was still useless
🤣 I was going to hit you with the zinger that Bailey had zero turnovers in his most recent game against PA. Then, I noticed he only got 8 disposals! There’s our problem right there, Bailey normally gets too many disposals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back