Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If ever there was a time for a statewide boycott and subscription cancellation of that rag, to finally sink them or at least force a cleanout due to lost $$, now is the time since Eagles fans will be on board too.

Remember it's only a matter of time until they switch focus and try to run our players and coaches out of town again.
Bingo. These rat fks would be doing exactly the same to us if they could

Yes, this is way better than not coaching.

Make Reid the sub and don't use him unless someone gets injured.
Even then, leave him on the pine.

It really is amazing what that paper has become. The only thing I’ll say it’s got going for it is its finally balanced in regard to the shit it hangs on both teams.
Bit harsh on TikTok though. 😁

View attachment 2044349
The West was top notch? I can't remember a time it ever was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, good on him, the way West Coast and Pyke handled this whole thing just screamed unprofessional.

"Yeah we don't want you here anymore but can you stick around another week???"
Why it wasn't discussed before the media circus. FMD

Bahahha that makes Pyke look like a real dickhead. Well done Adam
almost as if the guy that ran the 2017 adelaide camp doesn't understand human emotion too well

The West was top notch? I can't remember a time it ever was.
Back in the day before the Eagles it was great. It wasn’t overly offensive when they came in because Freo weren’t part of it.
Once Freo came in it was just outright biased, but they were shit scared of Nizzy & he would threaten a ban on access to the players if anything nasty was written.
Nizzy gone now & it’s 35 years of catch up for the kids at The West.

Back in the day before the Eagles it was great. It wasn’t overly offensive when they came in because Freo weren’t part of it.
Once Freo came in it was just outright biased, but they were shit scared of Nizzy & he would threaten a ban on access to the players if anything nasty was written.
Nizzy gone now & it’s 35 years of catch up for the kids at The West.
It's an interesting point. The world has changed and the shitful ways the Eagles operate now don't work as well. It's taken Carlton almost 30 years to work out how to build a decent team without brown paper bags and just paying your way out of trouble.

It could be a similar time in the wilderness for the Eagles now that their arrogant ways of working have all fallen over. I don't buy the "they'll bounce back, they've done it before" vibe, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back