AFL Player #33: Alwyn Davey Jr - Lindsay Griffith Rising Star

What is the preferred nickname for Alwyn Davey Jr?

• Froggy Jr

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Tadpole

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Flash

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Forward line definitely looks a lot more cohesive when he plays… even if he doesn’t do much
View attachment 2050480
It's the inferred pressure from his speed. I think it's right decision to send him back to twos as he still needs to work on a number of things but if he puts it all together our forward line will look a lot better balanced with him (and hopefully kako/jayden) playing.

I think we should chase Elliott Himmelberg Reef McInnes and Heath Chapman.

We may never lose again.

Brad Scott is allergic to winning it seems
Do you really think he is physically ready to be playing a lot of games yet ? His dad got drafted at 22 and played his first game at 23 . Looking at him in the VFL a few weeks ago he simply needs a bit more time IMO . Maybe give him another few before the end of the year.

Do you really think he is physically ready to be playing a lot of games yet ? His dad got drafted at 22 and played his first game at 23 . Looking at him in the VFL a few weeks ago he simply needs a bit more time IMO . Maybe give him another few before the end of the year.
We have only lost 1 game this year with him in the side, good enough for me 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he got any smaller since the start of the year, since last year?

Has he got any smaller since the start of the year, since last year?
Have your blinkers got any bigger or do you want him injured ? Last year his shoulder did not go the distance.
His dad did not play until he was 23. Why is it so bad that we allow a young player time to develop and have him play 10 or so games in his first two years ?
He will be fine.

Have your blinkers got any bigger or do you want him injured ? Last year his shoulder did not go the distance.
His dad did not play until he was 23. Why is it so bad that we allow a young player time to develop and have him play 10 or so games in his first two years ?
He will be fine.
He was fine to go at the start of the year but not now? I don't buy it. Sure you don't want him blown out, why give him a block at the start of the year if he's not physically ready? If that's the concern surely you give him games interspersed throughout the year, or he gets a block at the end as he's built up and is more ready. Have they cooked him two years running?

He was fine to go at the start of the year but not now? I don't buy it. Sure you don't want him blown out, why give him a block at the start of the year if he's not physically ready? If that's the concern surely you give him games interspersed throughout the year, or he gets a block at the end as he's built up and is more ready. Have they cooked him two years running?
You give him a block of games and then you back off a bit. Anyway like I said he will be fine.

He's a natural CHF just like his dad. I can't wait till he's back in the side crashing the packs, and it'll allow Wright and Jones to get back to playing their natural game crumbing anything that ADJ doesn't mark. ;)

He's barely VFL standard.

Needs to stay there until he can compete with Men.

No harm in spending a season or two there to build his game and fitness.
Was VFL standard on Sunday.

Alwyn Davey Jnr

10 disposals, six tackles

Alwyn just has that real speed to close players down and put on pressure, which is exciting.

I can see his game rounding out a bit more now, expanding his role and building layers to both his offensive and defensive work – that knock-on late to set up Toma’s goal was impressive.

Even though he wasn't the hardest at the ball I swear he had a lot of pressure acts no? Hopefully he plays for the rest of the season to at least give him some more experience

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #33: Alwyn Davey Jr - Lindsay Griffith Rising Star

Back