Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Keays is good

I'm really crook and fell asleep.

Checked the score to see the crows came back.

Great Job Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

I think - other than his hair, which has been bleached to death - they look great. Big dudes normally look very stupid in a suit so going colourful and retro is a great appraoch.

That's all code for "nice ****".
looking forward to seeing you sporting this look down St Georges Terrace ;)

Instead of this ongoing fiasco around tackling I'm not sure why the AFL doesn't just mandate headgear for players. I'm sure some of them will hate not being as easily recognised in public but I can't really see a valid reason how it is a worse option than the AFL destroying the game in front of our eyes.
What are the concussion rates for the Gaelic Football? We may need to evolve in that direction.

What are the concussion rates for the Gaelic Football? We may need to evolve in that direction.
This is certainly logical and will meet massive "ruining the game" resistance from the "bruise free footy" critics.
But knowing what we know now can we keep offering our young women and men as human sacrifices
Helmets are a dead end. Not punny.

Last edited:
You would think that once a player is concussed the AFL would enforce a helmet rule for at least 4 weeks.
Maybe longer? The other issue is when players lead with their head instead of turning the body for contact.
Seems easily taught in kids footy, and the AFL should be educating on how to play the game to reduce concerns.
Many Freo supporters have seen tackles, ie the chicken wing used by Cyril Rioli that
the AFL turned a blind eye.
The people that run the game are at most fault.
When players win Brownlows that shouldn’t and even the hit on Brayshaw that ended his career?
It’s a raffle or who can afford a QC, pretty pathetic in elite sport.
But it does appear to suit the narrative the AFL is pushing and which clubs get the
luck of the green😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing how the ladder tends to fall into percentage order as the season unfolds. Even the softest draw in history can't hide the fact that Essendon are only an average team. I'm not sure they'll make finals from here, especially if we beat them at the G next week. They're not as good as Hawthorn IMO

Amazing how the ladder tends to fall into percentage order as the season unfolds. Even the softest draw in history can't hide the fact that Essendon are only an average team. I'm not sure they'll make finals from here, especially if we beat them at the G next week. They're not as good as Hawthorn IMO

If they lose next week they may not make finals. Freo need to win to make the top 4. I think Freo can only drop 1 more game this year.

On another note I really hope Hawks beat Collingwood.

We play them in 2 weeks. The Derby is next week.

I found it humourous to read that Darcy Moore and his partner don't live together given his aversion to playing on an actual opponent.

Not a knock on them not confirming to social conventions, good for them, just thought it was funny given the heat he's copped on his playing style

I found it humourous to read that Darcy Moore and his partner don't live together given his aversion to playing on an actual opponent.

Not a knock on them not confirming to social conventions, good for them, just thought it was funny given the heat he's copped on his playing style

I’d ****ing love to live separately from my partner

Stephen Hill in the Saints rooms. 😥

You would think that once a player is concussed the AFL would enforce a helmet rule for at least 4 weeks.
Maybe longer? The other issue is when players lead with their head instead of turning the body for contact.
Seems easily taught in kids footy, and the AFL should be educating on how to play the game to reduce concerns.
Many Freo supporters have seen tackles, ie the chicken wing used by Cyril Rioli that
the AFL turned a blind eye.
The people that run the game are at most fault.
When players win Brownlows that shouldn’t and even the hit on Brayshaw that ended his career?
It’s a raffle or who can afford a QC, pretty pathetic in elite sport.
But it does appear to suit the narrative the AFL is pushing and which clubs get the
luck of the green😜
It is a fact that helmets do NOT work. As has been said so many times before, just look at the NFL in America. They past players are lining up in droves to become part of a calss action of some sort. Hundred if not more have problems.

on the ABC they were discussing the idea of having “struggling Victorian teams” removed from the AFL in favour of teams in other states. Other than Norf, who would be other candidates?
Were they seriously talking about that!
Who were the panelists?
It is a bleeding obvious solution to the problem, but don't send them eslewhere, remove them from the competition.
Clubs like North, Saints, Hawks, Melbourne, Richmond, Essendon, Footscray,were all financially bankrupt before the Eagles joined the VFL.Only he non Victorian clubs money saaved them and the competition.
Melbourne were havily funded and assisted in their endeavour to win the flag. A couple of main men employed by the AFL to assist including the head of the club and the coach.And, they still get money every year from the AFL.
And the Bulldogs were and probably stil;l are well funded by the AFL.
The AFL know it, the general football supporter knows it, those clubs know it, but the AFL will not, never ever, remove any of them.With the clubs it is a case of, yeah we know that clubs must go, but as long as it is not our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back