Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 57.4%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe a controversial opinion but I wouldn’t want either King brother on my team. Talented but total sad sacks and play for themselves.

Ben has been a lot better than Max but his 2 goal assists for the whole year tell you the story and you can see why when he burns off his teammates like he did a couple times in this game. They both have a horrible aura or presence or whatever you want to call it like you want from your KPF. They always look like they’d rather be anywhere else.

Gold Coast away from home are a really tough watch. Once they get behind by a few kicks it's like they give up. The heads are down and they're just not putting the energy required into even the most basic pass, accepting the inevitable. Where's the pride?

It's like watching us in the Connolly days

Obvs it's all about tomorrow rn but I want blood next week. No mercy.
I once again pose the question; how did we lose to this pathetic excuse of a footy team?

If we don’t smash these campaigners from the first bounce next week then there is something seriously wrong.

It is a fact that helmets do NOT work. As has been said so many times before, just look at the NFL in America. They past players are lining up in droves to become part of a calss action of some sort. Hundred if not more have problems.

There is an additional problem in the NFL in as much as the players actually use their head to tackle the opposition. Their helmet is used as a weapon.

I think the NFL are now clamping down on helmet to helmet contact but it's still part of their game.

Plus their game involves running straight at the opposing players. Those players you are running towards are huge and nasty to boot. Our problems with concussion are mostly accidental rather than part of how you play the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a fact that helmets do NOT work. As has been said so many times before, just look at the NFL in America. They past players are lining up in droves to become part of a calss action of some sort. Hundred if not more have problems.
Why about the ones worn in rugby and by some players now with a history of concussions?

Its nuts that Hogan would be one of our best players on his current form, easily our best forward.
We all know what the issues were with Jesse when at home.
We really do need to let it go. He was, he isn't.
He is at peace with himself in Sydney.

Last edited:
We all know what the issues were with Jesse when at home.
We really do need to let it ho. He was, he isn't.
He is at peace with jim self in Dydney

Yep - right bloke, wrong place, wrong time. Or something.

For a while there it looked he was on the same path as Cam, and if nothing else we can step back and appreciate the fact a lost and troubled young man seems to have found some peace and is back on track in life.

I also think our we would not be in our current position in terms of the culture and standards without some of the lessons of the 2016-2019 shambles. Football aside, FFC really seems to be a good place in terms of developing young men and turning them into quality adults at the moment

If West Coast didn’t have Harley Reid would I have ever seen a list with less upside? Not sure I have tbh in 25+ years of following footy.

There’s a slight chance Ginbey and Hewitt become A Graders but most A Graders show more in year two than they have. Hough might be the sort you don’t notice and that’s a good thing but doesn’t look much more than a role player to me.

Their other youngsters won’t be on their list in 4-5 years unless they barely improve from where they are now.

It seriously is a mess - May as well lock them in for at least three more bottom three finishes now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back