Autopsy v the rubber head bands

Remove this Banner Ad

We had 50 more disposals . Won the clearances, won contested and uncontested possession. We won the tackle count. We had more one percenters. We had a higher disposal efficiency. This isn’t on the players. This is the coaches who have absolutely no game plan and no structure.

Last edited:

First and foremost. We were shit.
Umpiring continues to be awful.
Our forward is probably the most dysfunctional in the league, noone knows what to do with the ball coming in.
LDUs first 3 1/4s looked great on paper, but his kicking i50 makes me throw up in my mouth.
Somethings up with Wardlaw. He's either out of gas, or carrying something - end of the game he had 3 easily reachable contests and couldn't make any of them.
I don't normally buy into the whipping boy bashing, but Stephenson has completely lost me.
We're incredibly lucky to have Sheez. Need 10 of him.
Probably handed Dempsey the R/S with unaccountable play.
Talls need to learn when to go up and when to put on a block. Can't have Teakle, Xerri and Comben go up for the same ball.

LMac laughing with oppo players after the game again.

Legitimate question, who do we email at the club to ask them when the club is going to grow some balls and send the AFL a please explain re: differential umpiring?

-That scoreline was not an accurate reflection of the game.
We were comfortably in that game and had a costly final 3 mins of the 3rd quarter which took the wind out of our sails.

-Our 3 outs today cost us dearly because it exposed some real Potatoes who should not be playing AFL footy. Our depth is diabolical and hopefully improves with some good recruiting.

-Geelong are a nothing more than decent football team with a very mediocre midfield. In a year or two we should fly past them.

If you compare our performance today compared to earlier this year I think we’re improving.
We make dumb decisions too often conceding easy goals but in larger patches now we’re competitive.
We were within 10 points late in the third, and stopped the margin blowing out further in the last quarter.
Stephenson made dumb mistakes but overall showed something I thought he dug in. Mckercher/fisher will dislodge him from there though he was just a fill in.
Duursma has so much potential and Sheezel, LDU & Powell killed it for four quarters.
Need to execute better going forward cos their intercept marks won them the game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had 50 more disposals . Won the clearances, won contested and uncontested possession. We won the tackle count. We had more one percenters. We had a higher disposal efficiency. This isn’t on the players. This on the coaches who have absolutely no game plan and no structure.
We had 10 less scoring shots which shows the problem is connecting into 50.
We also need to stop the stupidly easy goals we give away.
Corr handing the ball to the Geelong forward on the goal line springs to mind.

We had 50 more disposals . Won the clearances, won contested and uncontested possession. We won the tackle count. We had more one percenters. We had a higher disposal efficiency. This isn’t on the players. This on the coaches who have absolutely no game plan and no structure.
Wrong, our polish (or lack of) cost us going forward and ultimately the game.

Terrible loss, worse than any of the last 6 weeks.

We'll be lucky to finish the year on 3 wins again, not even confident about Richmond and West Coast down there.
This. Wish this was the last round. No enthusiasm for the remaining games after today. Pack it in and gift some games to Hardeman, Harvey, Maley, Hansen.

Thank **** Colby should be back in.

If I see another North player fly one handed for the ball I will scream.
Friday The 13Th Scream GIF by Karla Delakidd

Clangers, turnovers, and skills cost us this game. Plain and simple.

At our best, we looked sensational. But it was few and far between with way too many passages of play undone by turnovers, horrible decisions, and poor options up forward.

Sheezel good today but he's probably the only one I'd say with any confidence had a game they can be proud of. LDU tried hard but butchered the footy a bit. Same for Powell. Xerri worked hard but his tap-work really poor today.

Comben only touched the footy 5 times in the entire game. He crashes packs beautifully up forward but he's not impacting the game and that's not acceptable for where we're at. I'd move him back to defense.

Wardlaw isn't 100% and hasn't been since his concussion. 22 touches today but for a woeful 50% disposal efficiency.

Jaidyn got a lot of flak in the game-day thread and he definitely had a few massive howlers today. But 26 touches, 88.5% disposal efficiency, and more meters-gained than LDU. Fewer turnovers and more contested possessions than Powell. Was he 'better' than Powell today? No. But just pointing out the different standards we hold players to from time to time.

Comben impacts the game forward. We haven't worked out the best way to do that but once Larkey started to lead his man away from the space, it opened up a little more. He is our CHF, just needs to continue to learn the position and he will be an absolute weapon. That and have a forward coach who can introduce strategy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy v the rubber head bands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back