Autopsy v the rubber head bands

Remove this Banner Ad

Powell seemed decent enough in the back half, so worth a thought when Fisher and Kerch come back.

Only other positive was Duursma looks to have filled out and is class.
Kerch needs to play further up the field. Or at least on the wing, and then drifting back as needed. We saw what RHJ can do in patches today, Kerch does that all game. Was seriously missed today. Just give Colby a couple more seasons with Sheez and they will both be tearing games apart.

What have we got? Half a year of non-effort. After the bye a very unconvincing win against West Coast. A bullshit capitulation against Collingwood (which everyone was proud of at the time but Collingwood are not the team they were), Melbourne we should’ve beaten but didn’t, Sydney back to square one. A whatever win against Gold Coast (2 minutes longer we would’ve lost that one, let’s he honest). Geelong is gettable but we just were never gonna win.

We don’t do that. Why would we have a rousing win against a respectable team? We don’t do it. We are losers.

We lose to gettable teams. Then the bloke we’ve paid 5 million dollars waxes lyrical about how great they are. He’s not selling hope. He sells mediocrity. He had 5 years at the start before success at Hawks but also had 5 years at the end where he was happy to do nothing. Paid this guy to be ruthless.

Year’s been below pass honestly. Hopefully next year is better.

The game had me feeling constipated, as we wanted to move the ball and did well connecting from the backline into the midfield, but time after time when it came to the final push we just farted.

Midfield forward connection is a major issue.

It’s compounded by the fact we have 15 half forwards and 1.5 good ones.

We don’t go to dangerous space.

We don’t go to advantage.

We don’t work hard enough for each other.

There is also zero consistency of movement it’s like we’re in a state where we are constantly making it up as we go.

Kerch needs to play further up the field. Or at least on the wing, and then drifting back as needed. We saw what RHJ can do in patches today, Kerch does that all game. Was seriously missed today. Just give Colby a couple more seasons with Sheez and they will both be tearing games apart.

RHJ is done. Not good enough. Sorry.

I still feel like we’ve improved quite a bit and are close to becoming a seriously good side. But we are not there yet. Some surgical involvement is needed. Hansen Jr is done. Shiels also. Just need to work on the mid forward connection but let’s not get too negative.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What have we got? Half a year of non-effort. After the bye a very unconvincing win against West Coast. A bullshit capitulation against Collingwood (which everyone was proud of at the time but Collingwood are not the team they were), Melbourne we should’ve beaten but didn’t, Sydney back to square one. A whatever win against Gold Coast (2 minutes longer we would’ve lost that one, let’s he honest). Geelong is gettable but we just were never gonna win.

We don’t do that. Why would we have a rousing win against a respectable team? We don’t do it. We are losers.

We lose to gettable teams. Then the bloke we’ve paid 5 million dollars waxes lyrical about how great they are. He’s not selling hope. He sells mediocrity. He had 5 years at the start before success at Hawks but also had 5 years at the end where he was happy to do nothing. Paid this guy to be ruthless.

Year’s been below pass honestly. Hopefully next year is better.
You couldn't possibly look at things through a more negative lens.

We've played the top 3 sides in consecutive weeks. We're looking very promising.

Yep no issues with it, we literally ran into goal a couple times, fluffed it, then they went down the other end and kicked a goal. That’s not coaching, that’s execution.
We cop like 16-20 goals every week. Our structures and game plan if that’s what we want to call it stink.

Well keeping Geelong to 4 goals a quarter is ok. Backline had a couple of crazy moments but besides that we did ok.
I think Geelong are a well drilled experienced outfit
Having Logue back makes a huge difference. Archer seems like he'll make it, which has me pleasantly surprised.

The game had me feeling constipated, as we wanted to move the ball and did well connecting from the backline into the midfield, but time after time when it came to the final push we just farted.

I was a little surprised that we went with Teakle, Comben and larkey, love all three of them, but I felt we'd be too tall for the conditions. ie playing outside.

So I think we all talked ourselves into thinking we could win, we're not ready for that against an aged middling team.

But it really isn't about today.

The major building blocks are there

FB Logue
CHB - Corr, and the 2 Dawsons
CHF Comben
FF Larkey
R Xerri

Midfield

LDU
Sheezel
Wardlaw
Simpkin
Powell
Yep cats aging list but wise heads and they are not panic merchants like us.

Death, taxes and North conceding late goals in quarters.

I’d amend Lmac’s contract and fine him $1000 every time he kicks the ball more than 35 metres.

Teakle needs to be locked in the gym for a few months. Could also do with a bit of Xerri’s aggression.

Regardless of Sleevo’s stats today I’d be tempted to delist him at the end of the year.

Sheezel… composure, class, intelligence

Too many fumbles, kicking into F50 was about as appealing as a root canal and just as costly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy v the rubber head bands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back