No Oppo Supporters The TAN 84 - NO yank politics.Brand names with a dash of groupthink

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah but that has to be Tim Livingstone on the left
when he looked like maniac cop

images

Why do fish shops essentially make the best beef burgers

it’s tripped out when you think about it
Nothing beats a good fish and chip shop burger. Now that you've posted your order I'm getting fish and chips for dinner tomorrow.

Gonna be serious here for a moment lads and need a bit of help / advise / insight, been in the same industry for 15 years & want to get out and explore something else (I got no qualifications for anything else) and all I know is import / export logistics.

Work home full time for a very small company (I actually enjoy working for my boss) but over the industry. Just worried if I stay stuck in this I will miss out on potential other opportunities as I'm 35.

Something in customer service or business is something I have heaps of experience in.

Cheers in advance and feel free to DM me if u want to.

Gonna be serious here for a moment lads and need a bit of help / advise / insight, been in the same industry for 15 years & want to get out and explore something else (I got no qualifications for anything else) and all I know is import / export logistics.

Work home full time for a very small company (I actually enjoy working for my boss) but over the industry. Just worried if I stay stuck in this I will miss out on potential other opportunities as I'm 35.

Something in customer service or business is something I have heaps of experience in.

My advice would be stick to what you know and level up company wise for a change of scenery. Not for everyone but has worked for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What hobbies do you have / what do you like to do?

Love my AFL (obviously), my NBA and collecting LeBron shoes.

Is that what you mean?

I got a family I love hanging out with.

Work wise, I like customer service but just want to get out of freight
Yeah, I mean what do you like to do and what hobbies do you have? You can carve out a career or job within a industry you enjoy.

So you might like sport, you might work at Rebel Sport. You might sell memorabilia, or work as a PT, etc.

Or you might like coffee, you could work in a cafe, you could sell coffee beans, have a coffee business, work at Nespresso, etc.

Those are just some very vague examples, with some starting points and what not. If you can think about what you like to do, and write a list, you'll have a heap of professions you can do.

Yeah, I mean what do you like to do and what hobbies do you have? You can carve out a career or job within a industry you enjoy.

So you might like sport, you might work at Rebel Sport. You might sell memorabilia, or work as a PT, etc.

Or you might like coffee, you could work in a cafe, you could sell coffee beans, have a coffee business, work at Nespresso, etc.

Those are just some very vague examples, with some starting points and what not. If you can think about what you like to do, and write a list, you'll have a heap of professions you can do.
Cheers for that man, my only worry is money and trying to ensure I got the right income for the family, esp how expensive things are these days but the above makes total sense chief.

Cheers for that man, my only worry is money and trying to ensure I got the right income for the family, esp how expensive things are these days but the above makes total sense chief.
Yeah, I get that for sure. Just brainstorming really. And, I get it's tough and lets face it, now mightn't be the right time for you to change career. But it's still worth thinking about it all (there's no harm), applying for thing, going to interviews, etc.

You could do something on the side, which is to buy and sell shoes or something (I don't know).

Yeah, I get that for sure. Just brainstorming really. And, I get it's tough and lets face it, now mightn't be the right time for you to change career. But it's still worth thinking about it all (there's no harm), applying for thing, going to interviews, etc.

You could do something on the side, which is to buy and sell shoes or something (I don't know).
Totally get it man, thanks for the advice mate
Ill keep trying to figure this out but love hearing opinions from others

Put it this way, I'm on more then $85K but less then $90K so anything more is a bonus
I was going to suggest a business type roll with customer service influence which is dependent on ordering (stock) with someone like a Wesfarmers owned company but I'm not sure on the wage would be 85-90. Might be. Aspects of the conditions are pretty good though including shares, leave, penalties and discounts. Bunnings recently went to a 4 day 38 hour week IIRC.

If you have experience in project management type stuff along with your import/export background that might open up doors in a few other areas.

Love my AFL (obviously), my NBA and collecting LeBron shoes.

Is that what you mean?

I got a family I love hanging out with.

Work wise, I like customer service but just want to get out of freight
Train drivers get paid a lot? could give that a look.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters The TAN 84 - NO yank politics.Brand names with a dash of groupthink

Remove this Banner Ad

Back