Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

because if they don't tell you you assume they aren't. you've met vegans and never known it, I guarantee.
The amount of whinging about vegetarians and vegans telling people about it too much whilst being vegetarian for 20+ years would stagger most people. I gave up putting up with stupid questions so now I just look them in the eye and tell them I'm vegetarian because of my superior ethics and decision making abilities. It pisses them off no end and hopefully teaches them to mind their own ****ing business.

The amount of whinging about vegetarians and vegans telling people about it too much whilst being vegetarian for 20+ years would stagger most people. I gave up putting up with stupid questions so now I just look them in the eye and tell them I'm vegetarian because of my superior ethics and decision making abilities. It pisses them off no end and hopefully teaches them to mind their own ****ing business.
Yup. I was vego for about 8 years, and dealing with the constant dumb ass questions was such a bore.

Yup. I was vego for about 8 years, and dealing with the constant dumb ass questions was such a bore.

Yup I was a vegetarian for 8 days back in 1990 when I had $29 in my account (remember when you could withdraw $10) and was so hungry on the 9th day I gave up

He's shown no affection for us in his media circuit post eagles. Let him go.
FWIW I heard from a friend (IDK how they heard it) that Simmo is just being conscientious about Clarko's position. Recently sacked premiership winning coach, favourite son of the footy club, current coach is being accused of under performing and has baggage and health issues... Doesn't take a genius to see how certain flogs might try to publicly white ant clarko with that angle.

🤷‍♂️

We offered Simmo the job, he could have left on a high from the Eagles but hung around until they drove him off. Seeing him run the Eagles into the ground, not sure why anyone wants him at the club as a coach.

We offered Simmo the job, he could have left on a high from the Eagles but hung around until they drove him off. Seeing him run the Eagles into the ground, not sure why anyone wants him at the club as a coach.
We suck, and having a club legend back involved would be a nice fuzzy feeling for a few moments until the season starts and reality resumes it's cruel path forward.

We suck, and having a club legend back involved would be a nice fuzzy feeling for a few moments until the season starts and reality resumes it's cruel path forward.

I said this before we got Clarkson, but questioned if he still had the hunger to win any longer, because he kind of rolled over and copped Mitchell in the arse and it isn't something he would have done when he was younger. Reminded me of Malthouse who bent over for Buckley and copped it in the arse on his way to retirement.

He has had his moments, like his alleged chair throwing incident but I dunno, you see with young coaches, they shake things up, bring in new ideas, have the hunger to prove themselves. It hasn't felt like we are in any kind of rush to improve... to date and haven't address a lot of fairly simple things which you can focus on with a young side... like having hunger and the intent to go hard.

I dunno, I am not convinced older coaches are the way to go. I think after the shit****ery of the post Brad era I think the appeal of returning the club to not be a complete circus was my main objective. I hope we can achieve that but how high would you rate our recruitment or physical development or skill development or basically any metric as a club that is required to be successful?

I will feel a lot better that we have our shit in order when we stop getting screwed in trades, stop bringing in potatoes we delist 2-3 years later, can get players in their mid 20s to look physically more developed than draftees and have the skills, structure and gameplan that gives us a chance to compete in the modern era.

Why would you give the job to someone that looked clueless how to run the Eagles who were in a similar boat?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to retire from being a North supporter then .

He's shown no affection for us in his media circuit post eagles. Let him go.

Didn't someone here post about their experience with him as a player and how much he lamented having to stop and "sign s%&t for the f#u*ing fans" at training sessions?

He's never been the warmest person and I don't know if he has changed while coaching or been super big with the young supporters but making young kids feel welcome in the way Clarko does is certainly crucial especially at this point in time.

Didn't someone here post about their experience with him as a player and how much he lamented having to stop and "sign s%&t for the f#u*ing fans" at training sessions?

He's never been the warmest person and I don't know if he has changed while coaching or been super big with the young supporters but making young kids feel welcome in the way Clarko does is certainly crucial especially at this point in time.

chicken GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back