Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m watching Offsiders.

Caro said AFL head office said there were no complaints from Brisbane this week and we were very relaxed whereas Sydney were complaining about all this stuff like flights, buses etc and found it very difficult.

Kingsley is also on the panel and said his observations were the same.

Last edited:

This is the most remarkable premiership in AFL history.

0-3
2-5
4 wins at Round 11
5 ACL's
Still 13th after Round 14
Written off by most after Round 23 (including me 🙋‍♂️)
4 consecutive sudden death finals wins, 3 of them away from home - never been done before

THE. MOST. REMARKABLE. PREMIERSHIP.

IN AFL HISTORY.
Hope you don't mind the intrusion, but just to ring my own bell a bit, I had a bet with the boys at work about this stage of the year that you guys would win it. Nobody believed me but for some reason I was pretty confident. Always too good a side for that slow start to last too long. Well done and enjoy

Favourite GF MOMENTS

1. Katy Perry doing a lap in what looked like a converted batmobile screaming unintelligibly with fist pumps. That was when I thought anything could happen and we could win by 10 goals.

2 Lohman two in two minutes . The new barometer.

3 .Blakey and Ah Chee's brutal head clash with Cal getting it off to McCluggage for an inspirational team lifter.

4 Charlie from the boundary. He needed that , it was a we're right in this moment.

5 Everything in the Second quarter. Neale and Ashcroft with the one two give offs, Hipwood mimicking Aker , Ah Chee and Morris taking contested marks and converting. The Berry goal with his blood and sweat all over it.

6 . The Joe Goal when he turned towards the press box leaping in the air looking like an angry Thor with a vicious up yours mouthing the immortal words ' F*** You ' I liked angry Joe. But our players didn't want him to do anything silly so they jumped all over him. Every one of them trying to calm him down.

7 Neale to Zorko in appropriately the final play of the day.

8 Fages' head emerging from Lethal's shoulder to reveal a vulnerable little boy almost breaking down. Fagan is the wise old man and the excited kid in one package . The veterans and the kids all relate.

9 Fort and Big O rushing to embrace each other and Big O jumping up and down during the presentations like he'd kicked 6.

10 The classy way everyone who spoke respectfully acknowledged the Swans.

Favourite GF MOMENTS

1. Katy Perry doing a lap in what looked like a converted batmobile screaming unintelligibly with fist pumps. That was when I thought anything could happen and we could win by 10 goals.

2 Lohman two in two minutes . The new barometer.

3 .Blakey and Ah Chee's brutal head clash with Cal getting it off to McCluggage for an inspirational team lifter.

4 Charlie from the boundary. He needed that , it was a we're right in this moment.

5 Everything in the Second quarter. Neale and Ashcroft with the one two give offs, Hipwood mimicking Aker , Ah Chee and Morris taking contested marks and converting. The Berry goal with his blood and sweat all over it.

6 . The Joe Goal when he turned towards the press box leaping in the air looking like an angry Thor with a vicious up yours mouthing the immortal words ' F*** You ' I liked angry Joe. But our players didn't want him to do anything silly so they jumped all over him. Every one of them trying to calm him down.

7 Neale to Zorko in appropriately the final play of the day.

8 Fages' head emerging from Lethal's shoulder to reveal a vulnerable little boy almost breaking down. Fagan is the wise old man and the excited kid in one package . The veterans and the kids all relate.

9 Fort and Big O rushing to embrace each other and Big O jumping up and down during the presentations like he'd kicked 6.

10 The classy way everyone who spoke respectfully acknowledged the Swans.
Teary JL and Ah Chee was also a nice moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Brisbane supporters, firstly well bloody done, hope you are having a ball not only did you achieve winning the premiership cup for your supporters but also achieved this for supporters of 17 of the 18 AFL teams. Thank you!

IMG_9665.jpeg

Still on a high. What an amazing day. Loved our seats section N29 next to all the players families and reserve players. Had a chat to linc and Coleman. They’re so pumped. Levi was pumped too to play next year.
That hippy goal I had perfect vision of that sailing through. So proud of this group and they deserve it. Now for back to back for those that missed out

I took this photo in Fitzroy today. Dunks is so happy!

Dunks would probably love to be given that photo. I’d send it to him on whatever socials he is on

I don't know if anyone missed it but when Harris won the toss he instantly pointed quite aggressively and heavenwards towards where we were going to kick. I thought we really mean business today.

Could someone who has the video editing skills please post a clip of what will go down in football folklore as “Lester’s Run”, which led to our first goal.

On the biggest of stages, Premiership Player, Ryan Lester sprints off his man, running straight up the middle of the MCG, accepts the pass and hits Ah Chee laces out inside 50. Ah Chee to Lohman. GOAL!

It was beautiful and many of us would love to see the clip in the Premiership Player, Ryan Lester Roster Thread.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back