Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

f11caa83a0247fd9cd56c0c8b6d9a828

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young fella in the outer here did a good job conveying the atmos of the day and the game. Better than channel seven anyway.

Always a pleasure to read your posts Mr Ripper! Next time I am at the Gabba I will find my way to see you. Same seats?

Just watching the reply of the post games interviews on 7+ after being at the game yesterday. Couple of things were so good - Oscar speaking - then Hamish speaking so positively about Fagan and about how anyone who knows him understands what a great bloke he is and also the Berry interview when he talks about how he felt his mum on his shoulder when he was kicking that goal during the grand final. That was it for me - had to go for the tissues then. Stories of resilience are always so important and grounding. If anyone with better skills than I have can put them up on the board they make great viewing.

424 these days Chezza. Right next to the stair well, and always with a spare seat on the end of the row (unless Angus turns up).

2025 already has two goals. 1) Complete sobriety (I'm almost there) and 2) More trips home to Brisbane.

You better believe that means a return to the Gabba. My last visit was the epic 2019 game between Lions and Cats.

They need to do a car or bus parade downtown from the start of Ann Street in the Valley to Brisbane City Hall on the public holiday Monday October 7th

Give Fages the key to the city and make him Mayor for the Day (in a mayoral robe of Lions colours)

View attachment 2125681View attachment 2125682

That outfit looks familiar... Stone cutters club.

The right colours too.

Maybe we can get the ceiling of the gym at BHA painted into a mural Sistine Chapel style.

You'll need to use your imagination to see Fagans face there instead. Too tired to photoshop atm.

FaganHomer.jpg

Ok, apologies if I'm telling you guys something you already know.....but first a bit of background.

I watch mostly YouTube, find lots of interesting stuff.....anyhoo about a year ago I came across an American guy

reacting to sports stuff, I stopped for a minute to suss him out (not usually taken with American sport at all) anyway, he was in
a room with masses of sporting jumpers, flags, posters behind him on the walls around him. All American, didn't take much notice.

Why I stopped to listen to him I really don't know but I did and after a few minutes something made me look at the back

wall, I did a double take, because there hanging in among all his American stuff was a Brisbane Lions jumper. Now, that piqued my interest big time. What was this guy doing with our jumper on his wall?

Turns out he came across AFL and took a liking to us. I watched a couple of his videos but things were happening on the home front here and I forgot all about him....fast forward to today

I came across him again about half an hour ago as I was looking for our song to blast the neighbours with..

He had just finished watching the grand Final and he was very excited, all decked out in our gear too.

His channel is called "Johnny Basement" for those who don't know about him or might be interested to see an American's view of AFL and the Brissy Lions.

He's a bit over the top for me (he's American after all, they tend to be that way)

I'm sure some of you will have come across him or know of him, but thought I'd put it here about him and him reacting to our big win yesterday..

I did notice his room looked different to when I first saw him, not so much stuff now.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back