News Joe Richards nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Richards is a clever forward, as is Lukosius, and heaven knows we need those in our forward line. Both will complement Georgie and Rioli.

Lord leads well too.

*Edit - Marshall is a smart forward too but I just don't know what to expect there.

Marshall is one concussion away from retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I never said any of these things.

You’re complaining because we’re not rolling out the red carpet for you after the shit we’ve heard in here.

Get over it.
Trying to think of the word to describe you and I keep on coming up with "pleasant". This'll probably be my final comment in here so I'll just clear things up. Essentially,

1. I think he's a really good player and I'm sad that he's leaving
2. That's it. Not here to argue about his trade value and never was.

You'll enjoy watching him play for Port Adelaide, maybe even almost as much as I'll enjoy watching Dan Houston play for Collingwood. sorry

Trying to think of the word to describe you and I keep on coming up with "pleasant". This'll probably be my final comment in here so I'll just clear things up. Essentially,

You'll enjoy watching him play for Port Adelaide, maybe even almost as much as I'll enjoy watching Dan Houston play for Collingwood. sorry

Dude who creates obvious troll account comes onto board and upset he isn’t hailed as a hero for saying Richards is nearly as good as Rioli and will be our 2nd best small forward despite spp and Dbj both outperforming him.

Don’t try to play the victim cause you came onto the port board with your alt account and got called out for some lazy comments.

Dans not really a good kick, he was just faking it.

When I first heard we were interested in Richard’s I took keen interest in him when Collingswood were on tv and he was playing.
He’s no world beater but he’s not bad and can continue plays with a bit of extra pace and agility compared to Francis Evans and more skill than McEntee, , would possibly be in front of Narkle and maybe Mead so would be a handy pick up

][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="davo[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
When I first heard we were interested in Richard’s I took keen interest in him when Collingswood were on tv and he was playing.
He’s no world beater but he’s not bad and can continue plays with a bit of extra pace and agility compared to Francis Evans and more skill than McEntee, , would possibly be in front of Narkle and maybe Mead so would be a handy pick up

I’ll be stoked if he can win the grandfinal sprint.

He's closer to Willie Rioli in quality than you realise.

I would be very happy if this is actually the level he plays at, but I'm not sure it's a claim that holds up under scrutiny.

Even given the small forwards Collingwood has on its list, their list management team would be derelict in their duty if they hadn't locked down a player of the quality you're describing. If nothing else, such a player would seem a very good chance to take Jamie Elliott's place at the end of 2025, but could/would probably force his way in sooner. Form would demand it.

They didn't do that, though. They offered him a pretty underwhelming contract initially, suggesting either that they don't see him reaching the heights you project, or that signing him wasn't a priority, or both.

If we're trading purely on potential - and specifically potential that Collingwood doesn't recognise or value - an F2 is above the standard market rate. And we must be trading on potential because there simply isn't sufficient exposed form to trade on anything else. Maybe if some other pick came back the other way? Otherwise, this seems like exactly the sort of deal that gets done for a 3/F3/4/F4, or some combination thereof.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude who creates obvious troll account comes onto board and upset he isn’t hailed as a hero for saying Richards is nearly as good as Rioli and will be our 2nd best small forward despite spp and Dbj both outperforming him.

Don’t try to play the victim cause you came onto the port board with your alt account and got called out for some lazy comments.
You've taken this so far the wrong way I actually can't believe it. No idea why ur coming up with all these bizarre ulterior motives for why i posted on here. just f*cking enjoy watching him play, that's all. thank you

Poor cotton eye, not getting much love on here. I’m keen, and will wait and see what the trade is before getting my knickers in a twist.

Watched about 3/4 of the Collingwood vs Freo round 11 match where he featured prominently with 22 touches and a great crumbing left-footed snap goal. Much to like, especially his one-grab takes below knees and quick short steps to create space around him. Looks fast and works hard. Kicks soundly on both sides. Courageous. Decent tackler for his size and busy defensively. It’s one game but it was a 5-fold better performance than anything produced by McEntee, Evans and Narkle, even Franky’s better games from 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Joe Richards nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back